Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uncle Khiras Hears the Ocean (Vulgar/long as always)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Krysalis View Post
    I wish that you could find their rooms a mess. Not because I like more work for you, but so you have some firm ground to charge the shit out of them and report them to their respective organization. Ugh. I'm so sorry. Not all of us convention-type groups are idiots like that.
    Well, messy rooms don't get extra charges unless they break things, or do things like stain the carpets and whatnot. Just being slobs doesn't really get them additional costs.

Quoth BroSCFischer View Post
    Whenever there is a youth sporting event in the area, we seem to have more trouble with the parents than with their children.

Oh, and the Beer Pong would have stopped the minute I noticed it, and that would have been the impetus for me to clear the lobby.
    The beer pong stopped when I saw it, but it had probably been going on for a while before I could see it. Wharrgarbl and such. I also definitely agree that the parents, being such damn good role models, are always the pinnacle of douchebaggery. Rarely, very rarely, we will get good ones (like a coach a few weeks ago who said "cause problems and you don't play" to his kids, or the parent who is strict about their kids being polite and clean), but the vast majority decide "Hey, my kids are playing a high school sports game that will mean nothing later! That means I can drink like I'm 21 again!!!" Case in point, almost every single parent that stayed here last night.

I've never understood that myself...the whole point of being a parent/guardian is to be the one setting an example. Is it any wonder why their children were being such massive douchewaffles? Oh, it's because their parents were being Douchewaffle Prime as a whole...
    Last edited by KhirasHY; 03-17-2013, 08:09 AM.
    "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
    "What IS fun to fight through?"
    "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

If you want that crap to stop, find out what school they come from and write a letter to the school board and include a copy to the local paper. The fallout is usually spectacular.
      The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
      "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
      Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth KhirasHY View Post
        ... because enacting the World's Dumbest Cheer summons me like a frigging genie.
        Do you promise? If you promise I will enact the World's Dumbest Cheer right here and now.
        My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
        It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Yes, if it wouldn't risk your job, a nice letter to the school(s) would do well to draw attention to the situation. I know at my school there was at least one class trip cancelled because of bad behavior on the one before it. It'd be a bonus if you could prove a coach or coaches was part of the chaos, too!
          "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Were the rooms reserved under a group name? Charge every one in the group the cost of cleaning up the mess.

Good lord. What asshats.
            They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Sounds horrific. Also, Dresden Files reference ftw! *gleefully awaits brownie*
              "Only in our dreams are we free. The rest of the time we need wages." - Terry Pratchett
              Emissary of Minong - my blog and its Facebook page

Comment

Quoth AmbrosiaWriter View Post
                Do you promise? If you promise I will enact the World's Dumbest Cheer right here and now.
                I may stab you if you do it

Quoth Dentarthurdent View Post
                Sounds horrific. Also, Dresden Files reference ftw! *gleefully awaits brownie*
                You win Although technically I only offered brownie points.

"Wish thee jelly in thy donut?"
                "Nay, but prithee frosting of white, and sprinkles 'pon it."
                "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
                "What IS fun to fight through?"
                "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

Quoth KhirasHY View Post
                  Sadly, I have some stricter limitations on when I can call the cops at this hotel.

Oh, and amazingly, I only comped 2 rooms last night, and only one of them for noise. I have no idea how THAT worked.
                  I'm thinking it's because most of the occupants were involved in creating the noise in the first place.

Comment

Working...
                  X