• Show
Clear All

• A first!

I had a couple of firsts yesterday.

FIRST FIRST

Me: Awesome game store manager
    SC: middle aged woman

Me: Hi, can I help you find anything?
    SC: Do you have any packs of Gatecrasher in?
    Me: (grrr, I hate it when people call it Gatecrasher, it is Gatecrash!) Sorry ma'am, we wont get any till tomorrow.
    SC: HOW DARE YOU NOT HAVE ANY!!!
    Me: *store across town* probably has some, unfortunately we do not have any.
    SC: You have ruined my son's birthday because you dont have any!!! *storms out*
    Me: Wooo, I officially ruined someone's birthday!

2ND FIRST

There is this cute chick that has been coming to the store lately learning how to play magic. She works at a bar up the street which can only be described as Geek Heaven as it caters entirely to geeks. Food named after video games, arcade games in the waiting area, big screens showing video game related videos, etc. I have been there a few times and love the place.

Today this chick comes in and I help her find some magic cards as well as the B/U intro deck from Gatecrash. She pays for it all and as she is leaving she gives me a $5 bill as a tip. My first tip ever working at the game store! Woo!! And from a cute girl at that.
    "Employees can make or break any business, so treat them with respect. Job satisfaction has little to do with money. Discover what it has to do with and make sure they get it."

SC: I have ruined my son's birthday because I waited until the last minute!!! *storms out*
    FIFY.

First tip
    Cool. Not just on the tip, but on the fact that you have a good geek regular customer too.

Comment

Congratulations on ruining a birthday! This officially enters you into the "Ruin Somebody's Christmas Contest" this year!

Comment

I don't know the game, but just out of curiosity I did a google search for Gatecrasher (not Gatecrash) and found it!

http://www.amazon.com/Gatecrasher-A-.../dp/1887154019

You should have pointed her in that direction. Oh, to be there and hear the major disappointment when the kid gets that for his birthday, just so you can retort, "YOU!! YOU RUINED HIS BIRTHDAY, MWAAHAAHAA!!!" Getting that game is like when your parents sing the words to a song you like, then get some of the words wrong, then you have to correct them in an annoyed state.

Comment

SC: HOW DARE YOU NOT HAVE ANY!!!
          As if it's some kind of major offense against her religion or ethnicity or something. Wacko.

Maybe next year she'll try shopping for her son's birthday present ahead of time.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

You ruined a birthday?!!
            Way to go. It's not too early to ruin Christmas.
            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Gamer bar? *starts packing*

Comment

http://www.expbar.ca/
                "Employees can make or break any business, so treat them with respect. Job satisfaction has little to do with money. Discover what it has to do with and make sure they get it."

Comment

Ruining her sons birthday would have been getting him packs of Gatecrash.

I miss Phyrexia already.
                  Getting offended is a great way to avoid answering questions that make you sound dumb. - exmocaptainmoroni

Comment

I'd love some Gatecrash. Do you have any Symic to spare?
                    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

... Damn, it's in Canada... Time to take a roadtrip from Texas then! Seriously though, going to that place is going to be something I do before I die...
                      Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

Thanks Sandiercy! A new place to visit if I'm ever in Vancouver! :-)

Comment

What are you talking about, Mystic? The new Rav sets aren't bad at all, especially if you play EDH.

Just wish I could find that Boros Event deck at retail...

Comment

Working...
                          X