This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting songs off Zen Touch

Does anyone know how to download songs from an old Creative Zen Touch to a computer?

I can see the songs in Explorer, but the only options it gives me are delete and properties, no copy.

I'm trying to save these songs for someone who does not have them stored anywhere else except on this ancient thing.

I already tried the Zen Organizer and Media Source software from Creative and there is nothing there that helps (at least not that I see).

Thanks in advance.

Hi, first time poster, long time lurker. I have a Zen Nano MP3 Player. You don't even need the software to use it. Go to My Computer when you have it hooked up and it should say something like Removable Disk(J. Click on that and go to Music and then click on whatever folder you want to get off of it and drag it to the desktop. The songs will stay on the device but now they will be on the desktop.

Comment

Quoth Lachrymose View Post
      Does anyone know how to download songs from an old Creative Zen Touch to a computer?

I can see the songs in Explorer, but the only options it gives me are delete and properties, no copy.

I'm trying to save these songs for someone who does not have them stored anywhere else except on this ancient thing.

I already tried the Zen Organizer and Media Source software from Creative and there is nothing there that helps (at least not that I see).

Thanks in advance.
      if you can see the songs in explorer, are you able to drag and drop them? other than that im stumped.
      This is a drama-free zone; violators will be slapped. -Irving Patrick Freleigh
      my blog:http://steeledragon.wordpress.com/

Comment

Nope.

According to the website, if I update the firmware, I would be able to.

But that would wipe all the songs from it. Grrr...

Comment

Do you have Windows Media Player? I had a zen touch 20 gig and had similar issues, but with Media Player 11, you have the option of syncing to AND from the device. Go to the sync tab, plug in the player, and drag songs from player to sync list. Then just click, and it sends it to your computer. That's how I recovered my songs and transferred to a new player.

Comment

It's telling me that the driver isn't compatible with WMP 11.

But I downloaded the newest one.

Comment

Did it work out ok for you with the new driver. I'm not all that tech oriented or talented, but I owned that zen touch for years, so I was reasonably comfortable with it, and used WMP with it to add songs to the player and computer respective.

Comment

No, it was still telling me that even with the newest driver.

That's okay though. We've decided to just rerip all the CDs. It wasn't a whole lot, but it was a good amount.

Thanks for the input!

Comment

Working...
                X