This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth FormerCallingCardRep View Post
    Little Bits is being discharged from the ER to go to campus. One hurdle down, now just the car issues to go
    That is good to hear. Now, just keep reminding yourself, "The car is replaceable. Little Bits is not."

Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
      That is good to hear. Now, just keep reminding yourself, "The car is replaceable. Little Bits is not."

You beat me to it, csquared. As long as LittleBits is ok, everything else can be dealt with in time.
      "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Very, very glad she's OK.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Glad she's okay. *more hugs*
          1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
          -----
          http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

I am just now seeing this. I'd text you, but it's 2:30 am where you are. I'm off the next 3 days if you need me, dear.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Hubby and I both talked to Little Bits last night. Our firend that she is staying with is helping her make cookies today which she is going to take to the couple that helped her out yesterday morning. She is very sore and is more concerned with her shoulder then her concussion. She called me as Z-Man was taking her out to get her some dinner last night. She kept on telling him to slow down that he was driving too fast.

After my Dad looked at the car, he thinks it is fixable. He is checking on prices for the parts.

Comment

Thank god everything is okay. Hope the car can be saved!
                Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

After my Dad looked at the car, he thinks it is fixable. He is checking on prices for the parts.
                  It is almost certainly fixable. However, someone should definitely have it checked out by a reliable mechanic to determine if it is still safe to drive after being fixed.

Glad to hear she wasn't too badly hurt. A concussion is scary, but it's the muscle strain and bruises that are going to be really noticeable for the next couple of weeks.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Good to hear things worked out, healthwise at least. I'll keep my fingers crossed that the car won't be a problem.

Comment

Glad to hear Little Bits is OK - she's irreplaceable, the car is only money. As for fixing it, be sure it can be fixed SAFELY. Wouldn't want her to be hurt later on due to "fallout" from this incident.
                      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Her car is a 2000 VW Beetle. My Dad is one of the most respected VW Mechanics in the area and my Uncle is one of the most respected body repairmen in the area. My Dad and Uncle will never put Little Bits in danger.

Comment

I can understand her concern with someone's driving. After I rolled my car in '06, I was jumpy as hell when I'd be in the passenger seat. Drove my ex crazy. One time I had fallen asleep and we went over some railroad tracks. Felt like going off the edge of the highway when I had my accident, which was only a few days before this happened. I woke up screaming.

As for the concussion, there isn't really much at all you can do for one and not really any need to worry. As long as you still remember your name and how to tie your shoes, that is. My back was in far worse shape even though my head hurt worse for a couple weeks.
                          "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Her car is a 2000 VW Beetle. My Dad is one of the most respected VW Mechanics in the area and my Uncle is one of the most respected body repairmen in the area. My Dad and Uncle will never put Little Bits in danger.
                            You're looking at a 13 year old car, and not particularly rare. Considering the amount of damage that rolling a car causes, would your dad and uncle be able to fix it up for less than the cost of buying one with no damage history?
                            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I'm so glad to hear she's okay, good thoughts and vibes going her way.
                              Remember, stressed spelled backwards is desserts.

Comment

She is heading to class this morning. I told her to be careful walking on the snowy campus. She is supposed to call me after class

Comment

Working...
                                X