X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on the crazy vampire girl Clayrissa

Mentioned in this thread here.

So during my discussion with my fellow CSers about he girl, I mentioned how she hadn't been seen at school lately. I figured she'd been moved into a new mental hospital.

Not the case apparently.

Her mom recently got a job as chef at a 24 hour restaurant and seeing as she works graveyard, she doesn't have time to take care of her own kids ranging in age from 6-15 .

So now Clayrissa is taking care of her three other siblings, two brothers and a sister (who I didn't even know existed until recently. Turns out, unlike the rest of the family, she is actually VERY sane, not a trouble maker, which is probably why I haven't heard of her until the past few days.).

And Clayrissa is also now attending college at an art school. When she is only a Sophomore in high school... Hm... Admittedly this is all rumor. I'm not sure whether to believe in it or not considering the reason Clayrissa and her family are so poor is because they are neck deep in the mother's student loans from attending a high class culinary school.

Well I can only hope the best for her. And the best for the poor soul's life she's in now.

However, I still live in an area where the psycho's run free. So for me to be completely rid of the crazies from my school would be ridiculous. So naturally, when Clayrissa left, someone else came.

Enter the little freshman, Nina. Within about a week she has taken to chewing gum from underneath the tables. And when I told her that she was crazy (not hiding it this time!!) she looked at me, grinning and said, "I BITE TOO!" And started biting at the air a few times.

For the love of god get me out of this school... Aren't the neighbors on my street enough? (<-- FULLY intend on writing a thread about some of my neighbors. Some of them might just be more insane than the two girls here!)
    Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

she looked at me, grinning and said, "I BITE TOO!"
    My natural response would be "Do you suck too? cause thats how you're gonna be eating if you even try to bite me!"
    I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Eew with the chewing gum part . There are psycho's everywhere, it just depends on the level of psychoness.

Comment

I'll start with the "next biter" in the family.

I'd say... just ignore her. I don't mean like "someone's hitting me but i'll ignore it" but rather... just don't respond to her.

it's likely she's just acting out for either attention - or to get back at others in defense of her sister.

I'm betting, as insane as her sister could be... it's likely she's also put up with a lot of mocking for it. And it sounds like her sibling is on the defensive already.

So my own advice... don't worry about the rumors. Don't repeat them or talk about the family to friends. Do I think it's a lie that the older girl's in college? Of course! But I don't think it's a lie that's hurting anyone either. Most likely the 'rumor' is just one to save face cos the lie is probably sweeter than the reality.

also if you do know any of her medical information, please don't share that with any classmates - it will only serve to hurt her & the family, and could possibly get your mother in trouble as well.

If anything I'm a bit reminded of some of the goths from my own high school years. No none of them went as far as wearing costumes on a regular basis (although a couple of times they came close), but the ones who did wear all black, or went for the pale face w/ dark hair & makeup got mocked (and almost bullied) a lot for being "different".

If anything... leaving them alone may not turn them into good friends, but it may at least diffuse the tension. and if the younger one is acting out on purpose, not reacting to it may even help curb the behavior. Cos it's very possible that she's acting out JUST to get a response - and it worked really.

Now if she threatens you - I mean on her own, not in response to being called insane - then report it to the school or your parents. However if the only thing she does is just act weird... let it slide.
        Last edited by PepperElf; 01-29-2013, 12:53 PM.

Comment

So, I guess I feel I should chime in a bit on this in general.

I was part of that group growing up (The "Crazies", the goths, the attention seekers, the druggies, etc). I went to a large HS (well, 3K+ students), so there were a lot of us, and we could hang out together. Most of us were mostly fine people, but there were a few that insisted on being as weird as possible to the 'normal' people as they could. I mean, we all did it to some degree or another, that was our form of rebellion, and dealing with the fact that we were all geeks and thus outcasts to some degree or another. That said, some people took it as far as they could (I'm not going to go into specifics), whenever they could.

That behavior is what made me eventually realize how silly it all was (not being a geek, or different, but the insisting on rubbing it in other people's faces), and sparked a very low BS tolerance in me. Towards the end of HS and all through College (all 2 years that I did...) I simply learned that the easiest way to deal with the attention seeking (and that is what all of that is) was to just distance your self from them and don't rise to their bait (as PepperElf said). No giving them funny looks, no telling them off, just ignore their antics and they find some one else to play with.

I "lost" a couple "friends" over this, however I have kept far more friends, and the rest of us have mellowed out with age (all 10 years of it).

Good luck dealing with this
          Last edited by thansal; 01-29-2013, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
            I'll start with the "next biter" in the family.

it's likely she's just acting out for either attention - or to get back at others in defense of her sister.

I'm betting, as insane as her sister could be... it's likely she's also put up with a lot of mocking for it. And it sounds like her sibling is on the defensive already.
            Woah, woah, woah, let me make very clear, Nina and Clayrissa are in no way related! Clayrissa's sister is not even in high school yet and is perfectly sane.

Mostly I'm just having some serious déjà vu. I couldn't say anything to Clayrissa since her mom knew my mom. Turns out, it's the EXACT same scenario with Nina. So once again, my hands are tied when it comes to dealing with her.

Comment

ah sorry. thought that was her sister. (thought she had more than one)

But I still stand by the idea of ignoring her. If she only commented about biting after you told her that she was crazy... it may be that she was just trying for attention, or just trying to get you to back off.

No giving them funny looks, no telling them off, just ignore their antics and they find some one else to play with.
              Indeed that's pretty much what I was thinking. Sometimes reacting to it can make things worse. Or, in their eyes, may even be seen as being taunted or getting picked on for being different/weird.

Comment

"Don't try to outweird me, three-eyes. I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal." Zaphod Beebelbrox, HHGTTG

I've actually quoted that at some of those self-professed crazies. However, it only really works if, like me, you're naturally weird enough that they don't take it as some sort of challenge and recognize it for the unimpressed dismissal it really is.

It's always funny to watch how one of these poser rebellious non-conformists reacts when they try to get a rise out of someone who is honestly non-conformist for the sake of just doing their own thing.

But PepperElf is right. If you fall in the middle ground, it's best to just ignore these guys. They'll either grow up or escalate to the point where someone in authority will have to actually deal with them and it's best to just stay out of their way until after they figure out which way they're going to fall out.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                  But I still stand by the idea of ignoring her. If she only commented about biting after you told her that she was crazy... it may be that she was just trying for attention, or just trying to get you to back off.

Which is what I do. I only see her in the mornings and at that point I have my nose in my DS. But taking gum from underneath the table and chewing on it can be a little hard to ignore. I admit when she started doing stuff like that and saying "I BITE, TOO,"... you can't blame me when I take those things as red flags for crazy.

I don't mind someone being a little different. I'd hate a cookie cutter world. But eh... I guess if anything I'm scared history will be repeating itself. I CAN'T got through that again! Nina is so similar to Clayrissa in so many ways it's scary. And trust me, I DO NOT want another crazy ending up on the hood of my car like last year!

I'm only a few months from graduating, so if she really starts acting up, I won't need to put up with it for a long as I did Clayrissa.
                  Last edited by Eevie; 01-29-2013, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Normally I'd agree that her "I bite too" was creepy, except that she said it in response to being called crazy.

This is a bit like one of my classmates in college. He was annoying but I knew it was a mental issue - aspergers I think. I once, wrongly, lashed out at him verbally cos I was getting impatient with him.. ... ended up being scolded right then and there by the professor because it wasn't something he could control or change. I had been in the wrong for abusing him over something that wasn't his fault. (Yes I did apologize to him.)

Basically... don't do what I did to him.

Not because she may be crazy and may snap but... because if she does have a mental issue, then it may just make things easier on her. I can imagine she's already getting a lot of comments already if she's doing things like eating used gum.

so if she really starts acting up
                    I would suggest if this happens report her to the school - or the police if the school won't take action.

Comment

Working...
                    X