X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "5 star service" sure...

Transcript from a vendor on Aliexpress with vagaries introduced

Me:
    I received a package from you today it had the item 1 and item 2 but not item 3. is it coming separately or was there an error?

Them:
    oh,my friend so sorry and another one you need we sent it again???

me:
    either send it again or refund for that one item. either option is good with me.

them:
    [address]
    the address it is right??

me:
    yes that's correct. like I said I did receive a package with item 1 and 2 so you had that right. it's just item 3 was not in the package.

them:
    Item 3 you have not receievd it???

me:
    correct

them:
    ok,my friend we can sent it again but this order please give me 5 star feedback ok???

me:
    I will give good feedback after it arrives. can you extend the purchase protection as obviously it won't arrive within 9 days?

them:
    ok,my friend so please give me this order 5 star feedback and we can sent it again ok??

me:
    I'm not able to give feedback on the order as to do so I have to say all items received which they are not. It doesn't let me leave feedback until the order is completed.

them:
    we can sent it again and give you a new tracking number

me:
    you know what I don't play these games. I paid for a product. I didn't get the product. I contacted you and frankly if you want a 5 star review this is not 5 star service. I don't like being blackmailed into leaving feedback. Especially since if I leave feedback before getting the product I'd have no recourse if it didn't show up. It's a shame the clothes were great and fit great but I think our business will be done after this order.

Dispute filed with Aliexpress:
    I ordered 3 pieces of clothing I received a package with only 2 pieces inside. I contact the seller for a refund or replacement on the missing piece. They have told me that as soon as I leave a 5 star review on the order they will send the replacement. this is dishonest behaiour as I paid for the product. I would like a full refund on the item of clothing.

updates as they come.
    Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
    Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Oh I would be SO DONE!

Refund, NOW!

1 star rating describing the blackmail.

Comment

Arg, this is why the idea of vendor ratings doesn't really work. I get it in theory, but not in practice. In practice this sort of nonsense happens. I've heard more stories of buyers blackmailing sellers than the other way around, but either way it sucks. Plus it sounds like there's a language barrier, which makes communication harder.
      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

And this is why ebay does not allow sellers to leave any feedback other than positive--because of dishonest sellers doing things like blackmailing buyers.

Yes, I know this is not ebay we're talking about, and yes that is the wrong way to handle that kind of thing. They did it anyway. And that's when I quit selling things with them.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Akasa View Post
          Oh I would be SO DONE!

Refund, NOW!

1 star rating describing the blackmail.
          I have done this more than once when I was cheated out of stuff, I give you money you give me stuff. If someone screws me out of my money I let them know I ain't havin it.
          ......../\
          ....../__\
          ..../\...../\
          ../__\../__\

Comment

This sort of thing is the reason I quit buying things off of Wish......happened about three times that a store/vendor accepted my payment, and I never received what I'd ordered. (Fortunately, I was able to file a dispute with Wish Customer Service each time, and got a refund)

Comment

filed dispute and they agreed to it the next day and I'm getting a refund.

"yea,my friend we have agree the disputes and return the money"

I'm debating what feedback to leave on the order. there's always the chance it was a language issue as Aliexpress sellers are based in China or nearby usually but on the other hand it's a little hard to misinterpret.

I mean had I just gotten a refund right away or they just sent a new one I would have given them 5 stars because mistakes happen.

Comment

I'd go with low feedback due to attempted feedback blackmail. I get that there may be a language issue, but if he's going to sell to english-speaking buyers, he's got to up his game if he wants 5 star feedback.
                Last edited by MadMike; 05-18-2016, 03:21 AM. Reason: Please don't quote the entire post. We've already read it.
                Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

Quoth mhkohne View Post
                  I'd go with low feedback due to attempted feedback blackmail. I get that there may be a language issue, but if he's going to sell to english-speaking buyers, he's got to up his game if he wants 5 star feedback.
                  Agreed, he tried to be shitty and get a 5 star feedback from you when he sure as hell didn't deserve it. Since he told you to leave feedback first he had no intention of giving you the rest of your order, I dealt with the same kind of bullshit my first go around with a selling scumbag. Since it was ebay it was a pain in the ass, fuck this guy give him a 1 star review letting everyone know what a shit swizzler he is.
                  ......../\
                  ....../__\
                  ..../\...../\
                  ../__\../__\

Comment

I left a seller on Etsy 3 stars because I ordered two necklaces to be given as gifts, by a certain date, which they agreed to, but they only sent one necklace. I had to message them 2 times before I got a response (with a week in between messages), and they finally shipped the second one. I gave 3 stars for the item, but said in the comments that I only gave 3 stars because of the lack of communication in my order.

Comment

alright I left low feedback.

reply from them: hello,my friend,
                      We see you have give us the feedback we feel so sad ,so can you want us how to do it that
                      please help us to change the feedback first cause the time have list ,please help us like this
                      [crying animated smilie] http://help.aliexpress.com/revising_feedback.html
                      waiting for your good message thank you

Comment

Is there any way to report that they contacted you again telling you to change your feedback, if so then do it. Who knows how many other people this seller has done that to, btw was it just a star system or did you get to write something?
                        ......../\
                        ....../__\
                        ..../\...../\
                        ../__\../__\

Comment

you get to write something. I wrote basically that I didn't receive an item and they wouldn't send a replacement without 5 star feedback.

Comment

Good, I absolutely HATE emotional blackmail. Well, hate blackmail period...

Comment

Quoth gremcint View Post
                              you get to write something. I wrote basically that I didn't receive an item and they wouldn't send a replacement without 5 star feedback.
                              I think you did the right thing. It was an honest review of your experience. Hold your ground.
                              To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Working...
                              X