This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "But I have no money!!!"

My co-worker told me about this particular incident which happened on her shift yesterday at work.

Mom & daughter drive up to the Visitor parking booth window. Here is what happened.

Mom sees the sign that reads Visitor parking $5.00 per vehicle

Mom: "So it is $5.00 to park?"
    co-worker: "Yes...it is $5.00 to park."
    Mom: "But I have no money!!!"
    co-worker: "Well... it is $5.00 to park, & if you have no money, then you cannot park."
    Mom: "But my daughter is here to get some information from the school, & I have no money!!!"
    co-worker: "Well...it is $5.00 to park. She can pay with her debit card, credit card, or cash. But..if you have no money, then you cannot park."
    Mom: *looks annoyed & has an attitude*: "Fine..let me turn around"

She raises the gate, & the customer exits.
    Last edited by snugglegirl05; 12-02-2010, 12:06 AM.

I want to buy a house, and the bank will not approve a mortgage! SC Logic kicks in: Give me the house!
    To seek it with thimbles, to seek it with care;
    To pursue it with forks and hope;
    To threaten its life with a railway share;
    To charm it with forks and hope!

Comment

I had one of our "frequent parkers", tell me the same thing, except she was already parked in our garage. I didn't have any vouchers to give her, and she asked me what she was supposed to do. I told her she'd have to find a $5 bill, or pay with a card or else she was just out of luck.

She parks here all the time, it's not like she didn't know we charge for parking. I give out vouchers when I have them, but they only give us so many, and when they run out, we're out until we get an order of new ones.

I wanted to tell her I'm sorry, you don't have the god given right to free parking at all times, it's only $5, now suck it up and deal with it.

Comment

If this is a college, and she can't afford $5, then how is she expecting to pay for school? Geez.

Comment

Well, at least she exited. I've seen people try to pull that, then park anyway.

Comment

Working...
          X