This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $25!!! TWENTY FIVE DOLLARS!!!

So, friend of family birthday coming up, I decided to head to a big freddy, and get a gift card. Wait in line at customer service, where the worker there is going supppper slow, but whatever. I get up to her, and....

me: $25 gift card please.
    Sw: Ok, that be 5 dollars!
    Me: o_O No, 25 dollars.
    Sw: You want two five dollar gift cards?
    ME: No. TWenty. *holding up the twenty* Five *holding up the five*.
    SW: You want a twenty and a five? *Now she looks really confused
    ME: ..... TWENTY FIVE DOLLAR!!. ( I didn't shout it, but I did say it loudly).
    SW: *Looks scared* That be 25.75.
    Me: *I'm confused* You charge for gift cards now?
    SW: Huh? No?
    ME: That why is it 25.75?
    SW: Because that's what we charge for money orders.
    ME: I want a GIFT CARD.
    SW: Let me call my manager...

I blinked in disbelief. Left without waiting for her to even finish her call. Went to a different Fred Meyer. Didn't wait in line. Got my gift card without a fuss. How hard was that!?
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Off-topic, but I just have to say your avatar is one of my favorite things on this board.
    "You know, there are times when it's a source of personal pride not to be human." - Hobbes

Comment

Owwwww My head hurts, the stupid is strong on that one

Comment

So money orders are free? Where do you work at? I like that deal....lol.

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
          So money orders are free? Where do you work at? I like that deal....
          He wasn't trying to buy a money order, and if he had, I don't think he would have minded paying the fee.
          He was trying to get a gift card, and apparently, a gift card in the value of $25 was too much for her to comprehend.
          Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

How can anyone let someone like that work with money whatsoever?? I just don't get it.
            The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Wow... maybe you should have stuck around to talk to her manager. He may not know he's got such a flaming idiot on the front lines.
              GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Maybe the cashier was just having one of those "What the hell?" moments.
                Don't deny it. They've happened to all of us.
                You know.. someone asks you a question, and you know the answer, but you just can't comprehend the question. Your brain isn't firing on all cylinders.

Guy: Is the sky blue?
                You: Uh.. what?
                Guy: The sky. Is it blue?
                You: Sky? uhh.. what is that?
                Guy: Look up.
                You: Duhh... uhh... who am I?

We've all had those moments.
                Age and wisdom don't necessarily go together. Some people just become stupid with more authority.

"Who put the goat in there? The yellow goat I ate."

Comment

Well see, I don't see why it was misinterpreted. Plaidman obviously spoke and enunciated (sp?) every word, especially when getting a little irritated with this moron, and even then she could NOT get it.........

Sorry, but someone that dumb shouldn't be responsible for handling money. And I can see where even the most compassionate CSer would get frustrated and leave in that situation.
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I'll agree that I've had "duh" moments when my brain just didn't click, but usually after the person repeats what they want, light will dawn, and marble head will begin to function once again.
                    GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth Knightmare View Post
                      You know.. someone asks you a question, and you know the answer, but you just can't comprehend the question. Your brain isn't firing on all cylinders.
                      I had one just this morning! I noticed last night that one of my headlights was out, so I brought it to my dealer this morning.

The service guy asked me a simple question: "Is it the right or left headlight?"

I went, "uuuuuh...." because for two seconds I forgot which was which!
                      Last edited by Ree; 09-28-2007, 09:46 PM. Reason: Editing irrelevant parts out of quote
                      "Wouldn't that be unethical?"
                      "That's only an issue for those who aren't already in Hell."
                      --Dilbert

Comment

I've done that, plenty of times. I try not to lose it when I'm not firing on all six cylinders though. Just the other night, it happened. My mind apparently threw a rod! I was down at the local "orange" home improvement store, trying to find bolts to fix a certain yellow shop vehicle. I couldn't quite find what I needed--some carriage bolts with full threads; all the store had were the "shouldered" type (the threads stop about an inch or so from the top). Anyway, as I'm talking to the guy there, I totally forgot what size I needed. Up until that point, I had no problem with what I was doing. D'oh!
                        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Please tell me at least English was not her native language...then I could understand a little more...<prays>

I'm still trying to figure out where she got "money order" from "twenty-five"....
                          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

We've all had those moments.
                            Those moments encompass the majority of my life. hahaha

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                              I'm still trying to figure out where she got "money order" from "twenty-five"....
                              In times like this, I play "Count the syllables"... twen-ty fi-ve... mo-ney or-der... Hmmm... bit of a stretch on the fi-ve... but, hey.

No, the sky is uncolored, the atmosphere refracts light so it looks blue.
                              "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Working...
                              X