This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "But It's Supposed To Be Free!"

Me and some friends went to the Boston Museum of Science yesterday for their welcome back event. Basically around four they closed off the entire museum to the general public, and from 4 to close college students could come in, show ID, and get free admission to the exhibit halls and two free tickets to any of the ticketed shows. It was a nice idea. All you had to do was wear this sticker on your shirt at all times.

So it's just before 9, and I'm in the gift shop looking at jewelry and Space Ice Cream, and I see a girl approach a cashier with her items. I missed the actual total, but I know it was over $80. Not to this girl.

DG: Dumb Girl
    PC: Patient Cashier

DG: It's College Free Day. *stands there expectantly*
    PC: I know.
    DG: *still waiting*
    PC: So....it's $xx.xx
    DG: No it ain't.
    PC: Ee-yes, it is.
    DG: Uh, no it ain't.
    PC: *prepares herself for one hell of an argument*
    DG: It's College Free Day. Everything's free.
    PC: No....you got in for free. You saw IMAX for free. You saw the laser show for free. This stuff doesn't count.
    DG: Well, it should. That's bait-and-tackle, there (No Kidding. That's what she said)
    PC: It's what?
    DG: False advertising. Everything's free and you aren't doing it right. You're a horrible employee.
    PC: No...I'd be a horrible employee if I let you strut out of here with all that stuff without paying for it.

By this point a guy I assumed was her boyfriend strolled up to the counter. I saw the cashier grip the counter- I guess she sensed a war.

BF: Baby-cakes, we got in for free. I see nuttin' in here that says that necklace is free, too.
    DG: False advertising.
    BF: It wasn't advertised anywhere...now, pay the cashier and let's go.

She never paid, she just left all her stuff there and walked out. BF apologized and helped put everything away. He muttered something like "Must've drawn the short straw when I got her," before leaving.

A level-headed boyfriend. Holy liberty.

Good on him for not joining his GF in the bitchery.
    The New Orleans Saints are your 2009 NFL champions.

Believe dat.

Comment

Quoth derangedperson View Post
      A level-headed boyfriend.

if hes so level headed why is he with such a numbskull

what a sucky cow she was, thats just beyond the pale!
      I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Quoth Kiwi View Post
        if hes so level headed why is he with such a numbskull?
        He probably dumped her after he caught up to her.
        "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Wow I feel sorry for him. I can't believe she thought that was bait and swi...errr tackle.

Comment

Quoth Nashida View Post
            He muttered something like "Must've drawn the short straw when I got her," before leaving.
            Gold. Pure gold.

I might have said "That's what I get for drinking until she's smart" or something like that if it were my girlfriends acting like such a ditz.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I laughed totally hard out loud at "bait and tackle". Thank you for that.

What a moron, how does she think the museum stays in business if it makes everything free?
              It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
              -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

Quoth Kiwi View Post
                if hes so level headed why is he with such a numbskull
                Highlight for extremely crude response to that question: Maybe she just gives good head?
                People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                My DeviantArt.

Comment

OT: I loves me some Science Museum Space ice cream
                  "Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds..."

Though I am not naturally honest, I am so sometimes by chance.

Comment

I honestly have no clue, I buried my face in a giant clownfish plushie because I was about to crash onto the floor laughing at her "logic".

And OT, if you ever get to go, I definitely recommend the laser shows set to music. Last night I saw Laser Led Zeppelin. Total awesomeness.

Comment

I know that, at least when I was in college, I recognized that the probability of my finding a lifelong mate in between classes and work was close to zero. As such, I dated some pretty dumb/annoying/shallow/uninteresting girls based less on how much I could stand who they were and more on how much... um... fun they provided me with. Savvy?

My guess is that he was in it for reasons along the lines of the above invisible text.
                      "She didn't observe the cardinal rule: Don't F**K with people who handle your food"
                      -Ryan Reynolds in 'Waiting'

Comment

"college students could come in, show ID, and get free admission....."

I need somewhere hard to smack my head. Somewhere really, really HARD!
                        There's no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	BangHeadHere.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	14.4 KB
ID:	2028850 There you go.
                          "Hi, this is Silver. How may I lose my self respect in order to cater to your over- inflated ego today?" --- Silverrb

Comment

^^ Nooooooooooooo!! That'll hurt the monitor!!!!!
                            Unseen but seeing
                            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                            3rd shift needs love, too
                            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

How'd she get into college?
                              that part's easy. Someone paid her tuition.
                              ... and whomever was that silly must have drawn the short straw too.

And I'm pretty sure why he's with a "short-straw" girlfriend too.... Free milk (ahem). bout the only reason to be with someone who's stupid, eh?

Comment

Working...
                              X