This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Borders"-line Attitude

Hubby went to Chicago for a conference. While there, he witnessed this interaction at a Borders books:

SC: I want to buy this book.
    CSR: Okay, that'll be $27.99.
    SC: And I have a coupon. (slaps it down on the counter)
    CSR: (reads the coupon) I'm sorry, but that coupon is for internet purchases only. You can't use it on in-store purchases.
    SC: Well I need that book now but I'm not paying full price for it, so give me the coupon.
    CSR: (hands the coupon back to the SC) I'm sorry, but the computer won't let me apply it to an in-store purchase. I see you have an iPhone, though. If you were to step out of line and go to our website you can purchase the book for in-store pickup. You can use your coupon that way and since we have the book in stock you'll be able to take it with you today.
    SC: (gives the CSR an exasperated cat-butt face) I'm not going through all that trouble to buy a stupid book. You can keep your damn coupon.

She throws the crumpled up coupon across the counter at the CSR and storms out of the store.

When my husband commented on the rudeness of the SC, the CSR just waved it off, commenting that if the rest were only that rude, her job would be easier.
    Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

B-b-but, didn't she say she HAD to have to have that book now?
    Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Quoth Exaspera View Post
      B-b-but, didn't she say she HAD to have to have that book now?
      And she could have. But, due to her being and EW, she neither has the book nor the coupon. Which comes under the heading of cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
      I see you have an iPhone, though. If you were to step out of line and go to our website you can purchase the book for in-store pickup. You can use your coupon that way and since we have the book in stock you'll be able to take it with you today.
      SC: (gives the CSR an exasperated cat-butt face) I'm not going through all that trouble to buy a stupid book. You can keep your damn coupon.
      It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
        And she could have. But, due to her being and EW, she neither has the book nor the coupon. Which comes under the heading of cutting off your nose to spite your face.
        That's what I meant. She therefore kinda screwed herself, then.

Comment

hmmm sounds like a free coupon for someone else then

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
            CSR: (hands the coupon back to the SC) I'm sorry, but the computer won't let me apply it to an in-store purchase. I see you have an iPhone, though. If you were to step out of line and go to our website you can purchase the book for in-store pickup. You can use your coupon that way and since we have the book in stock you'll be able to take it with you today.
            That's actually really cool that it would be that quick to pick up the order.

And it was nice of her to explain to them the simple process and how to save money and make the person happy. Too bad they were a dipshit.

Comment

I thought it was cool of the CSR, too. From what my husband says the customer was a total bitch, just oozing attitude and self-entitlement. The fact that the lady behind the counter didn't seem the least bit phased by the whole thing says a lot about the crap she must have to put up with on a regular basis.
              Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Quoth Exaspera View Post
                That's what I meant. She therefore kinda screwed herself, then.
                Gotcha. My brain is still misfiring after being starved of proper food the last two weeks.

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                  Gotcha. My brain is still misfiring after being starved of proper food the last two weeks.
                  Want some frozen dark chocolate peanut M&Ms? I got plenty!

Comment

Quoth Exaspera View Post
                    Want some frozen dark chocolate peanut M&Ms? I got plenty!
                    YES!!!!

I found out the hard way that your body really, really does need adequate amounts of fat and sugar....along with caffeine. That's my new "holy trinity".

Comment

Sheesh, man. Some people.

The CSR was explaining her how to beat the system, and she wasn't even interested. If I'd been in that situation I'd've thanked that CSR, not crumpled up a coupon and thrown it at her head...

...on the other hand, it's pretty near impossible to order stuff on a phone with a 128x160px screen and no keyboard, even if I did convince it to run Opera Mini.

Comment

that's why i figure... let someone else use the coupon
                        someone who can appreciate a friendly employee's help

=)

Comment

Working...
                        X