This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, shit.

In October of 2008 I had my right ovary removed because it had exploded into a football-sized tumor.
    l
    While I was in the hospital a couple weeks ago for a partially obstructed bowel, most likely caused by adhesions from above surgery, I had a CT scan done, in which it was noted that my left ovary has swollen to 7 cm.

I am having an ultrasound done a week from today to confirm that it, too, has become a tumor. It's really just a technicality, however, as my OBGYN and I can both palpitate it already.

Looks like I'll be having a complete hysterectomy of my remaining lady parts sometime this month or in March.

I turn 32 on March 30th. I am officially barren.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.
    Don't wanna; not gonna.

I'm very sorry to hear about this.

After surgery, take all the time off work that your doctor recommends. Have someone around to take care of everything for you (cooking, cleaning, etc) for at least the first few days.

Comment

Ow.

I'm sorry, I don't know what to say
      Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

OW oh sweetie that just.. sucks.

when i read stories like this i wanna cry and run to my doctor to see that my ovarys arent just big ol' cyst bags. And now i am going ot stare at my pelvis and panic.

Comment

*hugs* My mom went through the same thing...It's rough and it sucks. So... *hugs*
          hea·then [hee-thuhn] noun
          1. an unconverted individual that does not acknowledge the God of the Bible.
          2. an irreligious, uncultured, or uncivilized person.
          3. the children of NotSoInnocent.

Comment

Big squishy hugs. I'm sorry.

Stupid ovaries.

Cutenoob
            In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
            She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

I'm sorry 42! Totally sucky. Please find a group or friend to help you through the early menopause.
              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

hystersisters.com is a great board, they are really sensible there, great suggestions and they even email out little reminders of what to be expecting at what intervals post op. They are divided up by the type of hysterectomy you end up getting [there is a huge difference between old school cut open and gut, and a davinci robotic laparascopic job]

I can highly recommend a davinci procedure, I had almost no pain, the scars are minimal, and other than fatigue, I had a week of being careful when I moved, and after that minimal issues.

Surgery nowadays is so much easier than in my mothers day ... now the psychological aspects are something else entirely ... it sounds like you wanted to have kids - I am so sorry that you can't, but you could adopt and help someone who needs a mother.

Please feel free to pm me if you want to talk ...
                EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

If only I could have the davinici! I've already been opened up once from my pubic mound to an inch above my belly button (that was to remove the other tumor) and I'm not eager to repeat the experience. Unfortunately, I don't think that's going to be an option, given that the new tumor is already as big as a lemon and given the rate of growth of the last one, will be at least as big as a grapefruit if not bigger by the time I'm able to get into an OR.

Right now I'm mostly pissed that I have to go through surgery and recovery again and that all my plans for the next few months are going to be wrecked.

And I'm feeling like a lousy wife. My poor, wonderful hubby has been by my side throughout repeated health problems. He deserves to have a child and I can't give him one. It breaks my heart to think that his fabulous DNA is not going to be passed on to future generations. A big part of me really wants him to go have a girlfriend on the side to have a baby with, but he'd never do that.
                  Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

I'm sorry you have to go through this! I've only gone through a tiny bit of something similar, Lost my right ovary do to a small orange sized dermoid cyst inside it. So I can sympathize a little. Can your doctor harvest any eggs before/while removing your ovary so that you could use a surrogate later? Hugs and I hope that you'll be able to recover quickly!
                    It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. -Office space

Comment

I'm sorry you're going through this.
                      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                      My LiveJournal
                      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

42 I'm so sorry you are going thru this.
                        Take this job and shove it. I ain't workin here no more.

Proud Air Force Mom

Comment

Sorry you're having to deal with this, 42.

Mike
                          Meow.........

Comment

Sorry to hear about that.
                            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
                            X