This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fireworks, *now*????

It's July 3rd. The day before Independence Day here in the US. People have been shooting off fireworks since it got dark a half hour ago. You're a day early, people!
    Don't wanna; not gonna.

They've been firing them off for several weeks here.

Actually, some of the public displays here were last night. Some will be tomorrow. Not sure if there are any tonight, but there are people around me (illegally) firing them off as I type this.

Comment

I'm not the least bit surprised.
      "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

They started Thursday night here. Once the stands open up they start shooting them off
        Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Quoth Elspeth View Post
          They started Thursday night here. Once the stands open up they start shooting them off
          Same time the fools in my neighborhood started up. I don't think many people around here have heard of a calendar.

Wonder if they're responsible for the power surge we just had here . . . .everything went dark out here on the deck but the laptop not ten minutes ago.
          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

There have been a few random poppings all day. In fact, I was surprised that none of them came from across the street, especially after all the stuff they blew up last year. So much, that they got a little visit from the borough police department--someone complained of the heavy sulfur smell. Since it was the 4th, all my neighbors got was a warning. No sooner do the cops leave, when they started firing off skyrockets. One of those got away...took a hard right, and put a nice big dent in the side of one of their cars
            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

People have been shooting off fireworks here in the ghetto for at least a week and a half in not longer. I can't hear them very well considering how much I can hear normally so I'm not really bothered.
              Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
              Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

There are fireworks going on right now. They sound pretty close but there are trees in front of my apartment so I can't see them. I noticed a sign at the park I go to near work that they are doing fireworks tomorrow...at 5pm. What's the point of doing them in daylight? Actually, I can't even think where they'll set them off from that's far enough from the trees...

One of the fire stations I pass on my way home has on their sign, "Fireworks are illegal"
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                  There have been a few random poppings all day. In fact, I was surprised that none of them came from across the street, especially after all the stuff they blew up last year. So much, that they got a little visit from the borough police department--someone complained of the heavy sulfur smell. Since it was the 4th, all my neighbors got was a warning. No sooner do the cops leave, when they started firing off skyrockets. One of those got away...took a hard right, and put a nice big dent in the side of one of their cars
                  And none of them learned a damn thing after their car got dented, probably.
                  Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

When I lived in Kansas, every evening at dusk starting from July 2, I'd go outside with a glass of wine and sit in the hammock and watch the fireworks being shot off around the neighhborhood, ending with a MASSIVE display on the 4th - seriously - some neighborhoods would get together and pool money and buy up to $10,000 worth each year!!! It was amazing to watch them for 3-4 hours each night!!!
                    The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Harrisburg set theirs off earlier tonite. And of course, there's always a few people setting off their own personal fireworks, some legal and some not.
                      Sometimes life is altered.
                      Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                      Uneasy with confrontation.
                      Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

My lovely neighbors across the street are having a party complete with a live DJ that I swear has only one song and fireworks every few minutes.
                        My poor dogs and cats are not liking this at all. I don't do fireworks- I haven't since my uncle threw a lit one at me one year.

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                          And none of them learned a damn thing after their car got dented, probably.
                          He learned one thing...that his wife *can* kick his ass. It was her car that was damaged
                          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Oh, honey, they start in APRIL around here.
                            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                              Wonder if they're responsible for the power surge we just had here . . . .everything went dark out here on the deck but the laptop not ten minutes ago.
                              Creepily enough, my store went through a power surge as well. Whole store went dark 'cept for the regs, they got a backup system.

They've been setting off fireworks here for DAYS.
                              Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Working...
                              X