Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

in my area people have been shootin off stuff for the last 3 weeks.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

They do it a week before the 4th here, but then they keep going for a week after.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I confess to having had a lifetime phobia of sudden loud noises. I tolerate 4th of July because I have to. But it makes me furious when people when people do it before and after.

I have to work the 4th of July and instead of sleeping, I am trying not freak out or get overstressed. I hate inconsiderate people.
        My Horror Blog

Cinemania

Comment

Racketman, I love your flower avvie! :3
          There's a fireworks warehouse here in MyState just down the highway which is a major work-week commute. Fireworks cannot be set off in MyState legally, except by municipalities. It's open all year 'round.
          Makes sense to me to set off a day early since Independence Day is on a Monday ( ) and some poor slobs don't get Monday off.
          I hope no one's pets (or family...) run off/get hurt because of the noise and furor...
          I'm sad I don't get to burn money (just a step between ) this year for my whizz-bangs... I love them so. I want to learn how to make and coordinate them, like, professionally.
          ... Maybe after I breed. .___. I eat enough fish as it is (heavy metals not conducive to productive breeding)
          "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
          "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Our local city suburbs seem to have decided to stagger their displays this year. We got notices in our e-mail inboxes letting us know that Suburb1 was doing them Friday night, Suburb2 last night, and MainCity tonight. Go figure. I guess they got tired of competing with each other each year.

Haven't heard too many personal displays this year, which is surprising, though I suspect the ghetto part of town (just two blocks away) is going to get noisy tonight.
            "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
            - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
              He learned one thing...that his wife *can* kick his ass. It was her car that was damaged
              And how long do you think it'll be before the swelling goes down and he's able to open his eyes and see things her way?
              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth teh_blumchenkinder View Post
                Racketman, I love your flower avvie! :3
                Thanks. it is a close up of one of my rose bushes blooms in full bloom (I have 7 bushes total. red pink, light yellow and white)
                I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

July 4th, I think I was snippy with customers for the first time period because of idiots lighting (illegal) fireworks right next to my work. I kept having to shout at customers to wait because I couldn't hear them :/
                  Basically, I heard this:
                  "Hi! I want..PEEWWWW..lar..PEEEOOOOWWW..ext..KABOOOSSHHHH ...nus th..CRAKLECRACKLEPOP...and I wa..SKREEE..POP..wi..PPEEEWWWWW...POP..an..PEEEWWW ... nach...SKREE...KABOOSSHHH....at's it!"

After 6 hours of this, your patience wears thin.....
                  Answers: $1
                  Correct Answers: $2
                  Answers that require thought: $5
                  Dumb looks are still free.

Comment

Working...
                  X