This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whatever happened to basic manners??

Went to cash a check today at the local check cashing place. Couldnt go to my bank because it was too early and I had to work soon. Unfortunately it also happens to be Mardi Gras (welfare wednesday) so there was a million people cashing their government checks today. I am walking to the door when some punk ass drug dealer wannabe gangster* pushes in the door ahead of me. I shrug it off and go towards the back of a 35 person line. Little PADD decides that he doesnt like the lineup so gets his girlfriend to stand in line for him while he goes out for a smoke. Now this pissed me off because 1. If you want a spot in a lineup, stay in line. 2. He had just finished a smoke outside. This meant that he was probably going to sit outside and sell drugs and not bother to stand in line. I gave him my patented Glare that could kill Cthulhu at 100 yards and he starts giving me attitude "do you know who I am? I am going to kick your ass", me I just shrug and say, "the lineup is there for a reason, stay in line". He stomps off swearing that I will need to watch my back because he is a big guy around here (I didnt know 5ft nothing was big). I didnt make a big deal about it because it wasnt worth the trouble but his "smoke" lasted till his girlfriend was next in line (20 mins later).

*You know the type, sunglasses, backwards baseball cap, jeans hanging around the knees, big puffy jacket. http://cdn.motinetwork.net/imsogangs...1294616394.jpg (link is not exactly Safe for work)
    "Employees can make or break any business, so treat them with respect. Job satisfaction has little to do with money. Discover what it has to do with and make sure they get it."

Sorry, I have a lot of trouble respecting someone who never learned to dress himself . . .

Comment

I don't mean to threadjack, but I had something similar happen to me today.

I got called up to help out the main cashier. So, as I usually do, I sign in to the register, while saying "Can I help the next person in line please?" I look at the line - the next person in line starts heading to my register. A woman THREE back from him, pushes him out of the way and comes up to my register! Well, I've had a bad day, it's one week till Christmas, I'm not gonna let her get away with that!

I said "I don't believe you were next in line." That's ALL I said. She gets an attitude - "Oh so you're not gonna ring me up???????" CBF I said "I would rather serve the people who were waiting in line before you." That's ALL I said. She huffs, heads back to the other register, but first demands "WHAT IS YOUR NAME??????" I tell her.

I ring up the two people (who were in front of her) that came to my register after she tried this, and she was NOW the next person in line. I said "I'll be happy to help you now ma'am". She gives me another CBF and says "Forget it! I'll wait!!!!!!"

Ummm yeah, that's what you were supposed to do anyway doofus!

Comment

Well. I guess she told you, didn't she
        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Working...
        X