Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Mickey D's kitty-corner from the swamp may or may not be open 24 hours. If it is open 24 hours it may just be the drive-thru that is open. I've seen people rolling in for their 4 or 5 am shifts with McCafe coffees.

I've eaten there less and less. Why shit around with Mickey D's when Culvers is just down the road a bit?
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
      I think their target consumer is generally "appetite-enhanced", blas.
      Or, as Our Lord Cosby quoth:
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
        Or, as Our Lord Cosby quoth:
        Perfect! (And I had no idea you could hotlink to a specific segment of a youtube vid. That's gonna come in VERY handy, thank you.)

Comment

The McDonalds near my house ALWAYS gets the order wrong. And when I say "always" I really mean it. Its gotten so bad that, if we're going through the drive through, we won't leave it until we've opened every single wrap to make sure they get it right. If we're inside, we make everyone wait behind us to make sure we get it right before we leave.

Its not to be an SC, it's because they ALWAYS get something wrong. Missing items, missing condiments ON items, given the wrong items, items not cooked properly... basically, you name it we've seen it.

This is the single worst McDonalds I've ever seen. Right down to extremely rude people who work there (hearing "what da ya want" in a surly tone is NOT unusual).

Comment

And now they're trialling home-delivered Maccas in Sydney, which is going to be both interesting and, I would imagine, hell on Earth for the poor employees there.
            "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

I still remember the late-night run to McD's when I was working at the factory. A bunch of us decided we wanted burgers, so I got picked to take everyone's order & money for the run while the press was down for maintenance. Upon arriving, the manager told me that they didn't allow multiple orders at the drive through. I place my order, paid, got my food, then circled the building and placed the next order at the speaker. I ended up circling the building six times to place all the orders, with never another car showing up. By the third trip around the guys on the grill were laughing hard enough for me to hear them over the headset at the speaker.
              The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
              "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
              Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

See, I'd have called corporate.

Comment

We lost our Wendy's last year.

There's rumors of someone opening up one of the old ones (since all three of them in this area were never torn down or remade into anything else, so they just sit there, closed, taunting us). Of course, there's no plans to reopen the one in my small town.

But, it'd beat the only option now, if you want Wendy's, you gotta hop on I94 and drive nearly 30 miles!!!
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Several years back, I went on a McD's run in the middle of the afternoon for iced coffees... they let me order at the drive through, got up to the window and paid, got up to the pickup window, and sat there for 15 minutes. The drive thru line, in the meantime, was backing up like crazy behind me. 15 minutes of not being able to get anyone's attention, until they finally came back and told me that they had run out of iced coffee, it would be another 10 minutes before it was ready, and could I go park in a spot and wait. On the bright side, they did give me double my order (4 drinks instead of 2) to make up for the inconvenience... but still.

I don't drink their coffee anymore anyway... for some reason, it always tastes greasy to me.

Comment

Quoth winner every time View Post
                      I don't drink their coffee anymore anyway... for some reason, it always tastes greasy to me.
                      Gotta brown & thaw the french fries somehow?
                      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

The closest McD's to me is open 24 hours during the summer. From late Fall to Spring it's only regular hours. And I know where there used to be one that would close entirely during the winter (Old Forge, NY) Sometime around October they would shut down, and re-open before Memorial Day. Eventually they shut down one winter and never re-opened again. The building is now a bank.

Comment

Glad to know my Mickey Dee's is not the only one that has these problems. We have one right on the corner, about a mile from my house. Every time we go, the ice cream is either out, or the machine is broken. Haven't had anything else happen yet.

Comment

Working...
                          X