This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this is not a motel

Background-I work in community corrections. we have repurposed old crappy motels for our purposes, removed all the fun stuff (like the pool) etc. We are also not in a good area of town. You don't want a motel ANYWHERE on this street unless you are A) making meth, B) using meth or C) a hooker. this is all from a few years ago when I worked the midnight shift as the shift supervisor. The area is open, since it's community corrections, we don't have gates or things like that

dude, LISTEN
    Guy pulls up at 2 Am in the morning, and drives his car past the two signs that say employee parking only past this point. I go out to see who he is, because He's not supposed to be on grounds. He asks how much for the night. I say

"sir, this is a correctional facility, not a motel"

We go in this circle, with me adding that I have to ask him to leave several times. Finally I give up. I tell him "It's 119.00 dollars a week, meals included, however you have to share your room with 4-8 guys and there is only one bathroom. Also employees will be in and out of the room about 4 times a night, and occasionally we expect you to get up at 0330 hours to take a shift in the kitchen. Also, you need to be convicted of a felony"

He glared at me, told me that was a shitty deal and drove away

drunk guy

this guy wanders into the day room (an inside area, where clients can sit and chat, eat, use the payphone. Also where the techs (guards?) are located. I ask if I can help him. He asks for a room. I go through my routine. He asks if he can use the phone.

I tell him "Sorry sir, as this is a correctional facility, I do have to ask you to leave, however 7-11 is just across the street and you can ask them to use the phone"

He says "I'm not going over there. Now listen to me, if you do not let me use the phone to call a cab, you are going to drive me to the bar. what time is it?"

Me "It's right around 3 Am sir. You need to leave the property, or I will have to call the police"

Him "Call the police, they can't do anything to me"

So I call the police. As he sees me on the phone, he starts to leave. As he is walking out the door he says "You all are just a bunch of jackwagons!!" I tell the cops which way he is headed and that he has stopped in the parking lot of the building next door. when I see the cops go by, I go outside to watch the drama. All I hear is "You can't do anything to me. Stop it. You can't arrest me! Hey, take those cuffs off!!!"

still not a motel
    A lady pulls up, asks for a room. I explain the deal,she thanks me and goes on her way. I think that's the end of it, but an hour later she is back. She informs me that she is super tired and has just driven all night and will I please give her a room. Again I tell her that this is a correctional facility, not a motel. She then asks if she can sleep in her car in the parking lot. I tell her no, once again, that she cannot be on the property. She argues with me, until one of my clients behind her, a pretty big guy who is covered in tattoos, yells out "Lady, are you stupid? Get the fuck out of here!". She turns around, turns white and pretty much runs out of the building. I wanted to laugh so badly, but I had to get on the guy for screaming obscenities in the day room.

Quoth April View Post
    Him "Call the police, they can't do anything to me"
    "You can't do anything to me. Stop it. You can't arrest me! Hey, take those cuffs off!!!"
    You can't arrest me, it's illegal.
    Isn't there a sign which states that the motel is now a correctional center?
    Attached Files
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
      You can't arrest me, it's illegal.
      Isn't there a sign which states that the motel is now a correctional center?
      You would think. But other than the general huge sign talking about weapons being not allowed except by law enforcement officers, nope. No one would read it anyway haha

Comment

Perhaps the phrase "correctional facility" isn't registering with them?

How about "It's a F***ING JAIL!"

... Except management would probably be a wee bit annoyed at you for referring to it as that ...
        “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
        One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
        The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Sounds like "drunk guy" may get a room there after all.
          Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
          Save the Ales!
          Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

I'd be tempted to put up a row of pictures of the cells and ask people which ones they would prefer...
            "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

Heh, put this on a loop and point the people who want to check in to it--

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJEwo_gwO9M

(Sorry, but my brain remembers really weird stuff sometimes!)
              “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
              One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
              The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

"This is not a library!"

. . .

"This is not a Kwik-E-Mart!"
                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Just a couple of nights ago, the techs were doing their bed checks, at about 2 AM. They go into a room, and hear the shower running. All the clients are asleep in their bed. In the shower is a random female. No one knows who she is, clients don't admit to knowing who she is. when she was caught, she threw on a long t-shirt and ran out of the facility bare foot. In Colorado winter. Cops were called, but I don't think they found her

Comment

Sounds like a booty call done got busted.
                    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

You don't happen to be somewhere on Molefax Ave do you? That seems to be the area of town that attracts all the weirdos. I'll admit to being curious as I am also a Denverite, but no further questions on location.
                      "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Working...
                      X