This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It Really Was Free?

So, this happened at the local Shopper's Drug Mart.

I was looking for deals when I saw the triscuits were on sale for 1.99 each. That was of minimal interest because I'm gluten-free, but I saw a box with a 2 dollar off sticker on it. Checking the expiry, I saw it was done for next month, which would certainly explain marking it down. But... to -0.01?

Well, at that point I had to try. So I took it to the cashier and said, "These are on sale for 1.99 and it has a 2 dollar off sticker. So... it's free?" She rang it up, look at the price and the sticker and said it seems to be.

So I just got paid 1 cent to take a box of triscuits. My sister will love them.

A few years back, before Metro started getting cheap with their next-day discount stickers (dropping from $2 to $1), and when yogurt bowls were $3.99 each, they'd occasionally have a BOGO. If there were a couple discounted ones on the shelf, I'd get them as part of my grocery purchase. $3.99 for the first bowl, second free, subtract 2x $2 discount stickers. Never bought the "take 2 and we'll give you a penny" offer on its own.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

We don't give money back on coupons, but I have been able to wrangle a BOGO plus coupon to get both for free (this doesn't work at SCO any longer, the "0.00" balance will kick the order over to the attendant for verification, at which point some SCs will walk out).

The reduced items have a separate barcode that scans only as "Reduced [dept] other" which prevents people from using item-specific coupons...even if the coupon is technically valid, the system won't let it through. Not that people won't try...
      Last edited by Dreamstalker; 02-02-2016, 12:47 AM.
      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
      X