Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Citizen's Bank has these commercials which show their employees doing stuff like:

-doing transactions outside of business hours for a customer on her way to the airport

-an employee on vacation helping a customer who runs into him at the car wash with his loan

-a bank employee helping a customer of another business because she mistook him for an employee of that other business

Even though they are cutely done, it's discouraging to see some of the most frequently mentioned SC behaviors on this forum getting rewarded like that.
    The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

I have you all beat: Ed Mcmahon shills one of our late night infomercial clients. Top that. ><

Comment

Oh Hell no, I did NOT just see that...

Watching Ghost Hunters(love those guys) and see a new BK commercial. Big limo pulls up to a mansion. P Diddy(Puff Daddy, whatever he is this week) leans out the window and talks to Mansion Man, who turns out to be BK owner. Diddy says he wants to eat, but BK is closed. Mansion Man gets into his limo and they head off to BK. They arrive(with a giant posse) and enter store, Mansion Man claps and the lights come on to reveal....all the employees standing in place ready to serve the rich entitlement-goobers.

For the love of all things holy...SCs already think we have no lives and this stupid commercial just reinforces the idiotic idea that people behind the counters live only to serve. No, we don't want to go home at night, we live to serve your entitlement-minded asses. That commercial really pissed me off. I think I'm going to their website and complain.

Comment

^ Never seen that commercial before. Anyone who thinks that a restauant that will open just because a rich buffoon is there needs a reality check.
          For the most part, I don't care about what everyone else is doing, or what is popular.
          -Namie Amuro (Japanese singer)

Comment

Quoth Rolling Star View Post
            ^ Never seen that commercial before. Anyone who thinks that a restauant that will open just because a rich buffoon is there needs a reality check.
            If I worked at BK and the owner was willing to pay me the state's minimum-shift-time rate just to come in and cook him up one order color me there. I'll take 4 hours pay for 30 minutes (or less) of work any day.
            ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
            And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

I don't ever remember seeing the customer in those commercials pay the delivery guy for the pizza, let alone tip him.

Comment

Quoth justZu View Post
                Mansion Man claps and the lights come on to reveal....all the employees standing in place ready to serve the rich entitlement-goobers.

Yeah I saw that commercial too, horrible. Back when I worked at the movie theatre, customers would ignore the "closed" signs and just start banging on the doors until somebody answered (they were see through glass). If we had closed for the night they would scream for a manager and end up getting in for free. Of course they would want concession which we already closed. Who cares if we got out late? It is our job to bow down to their every command.

Comment

Figured I'd bring this thread back because I just saw something on CNN.

They were talking about calling your credit card company and threatening to cancel unless they give the customer a lower rate. Not sucky in itself, but then the anchor said the line

"And if they don't budge, hang up and call again a few hours later. You may get a customer service rep who is more willing to help you. Be persistent!"

Talk about entitlement. They act as if customer service reps are built to be nasty and unhelpful.

Comment

Quoth MrSunshineState View Post
                    They act as if customer service reps are built to be nasty and unhelpful.
                    And not only that, they are implying that the reps have the power to overturn policies set by corporate head office.

Don't we all wish that were the case. The first policy I'd overturn is the one that sets the pay scale for people in my position.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

This may sound weird, but in the "City of Heroes" comic book (based on the online video game), one of the main characters, War Witch, really got me angry.
                      She was at a party, wearing a pretty new dress, when bad guys attacted. Her new dress was ruined, and she got mad at the villian, saying: "You idiot! It's ruined! I was going to return it to the store after wearing it tonight and get my money back!"

Gahhh! She's a hero, and she was going to CHEAT the store by returning a worn dress!
                      At that point, I really wanted her to lose, just because she was a fraggin' thief as far as I was concerned.

I'm not saying that folks reading the comic were all going to start returning worn clothes, but you know people do it all the time, and this sure doesn't help any.
                      I no longer fear HELL.
                      I work in RETAIL.

Comment

Quoth MrSunshineState View Post
                        Yeah I saw that commercial too, horrible. Back when I worked at the movie theatre, customers would ignore the "closed" signs and just start banging on the doors until somebody answered (they were see through glass). If we had closed for the night they would scream for a manager and end up getting in for free. Of course they would want concession which we already closed. Who cares if we got out late? It is our job to bow down to their every command.
                        I've had people do that plenty of times, but I was usually the manager, so I got to use our inflexible company policies to my advantage. Didn't always work out for the best, though, as this shows.
                        If ignorance is bliss, no wonder I'm so unhappy.

Comment

Working...
                        X