This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Life of a Beer Store Employee.

So basically I plan to update this post regularly as time goes on because interesting/bizarre/frustrating things happen at my work all the time and I'm sure many can relate.

I work at a Beer Store (we only sell beer) in the city centre of a major city. (around 1,000,000 people) Half of our customers are either homeless, poor people that have a room and live off pensions etc, crackheads, alcoholics etc. you get the idea. We have some customers that could come in up to 7 or 8 times my 8 hour shift to buy a beer. And mostly 6-10% alcohol beers.

People are always messed up and weird and they are hilarious! I see the humour in everything but all of this angers the hell out of me and soemtimes I "lose it" on customers.

Two days ago.

A large woman comes into our store and she is in the front screaming about something. I ask her what her problem is because she is clearly bothering/concerning other customers.

me: Hey, is there a problem, why are you yelling?
    her: its this fucking guy (points to an unnasuming guy standing behind her in line.)
    me: well just dont talk to each other when your in the store ok?

At this point she just looks at me with the rudest look I have ever seen.

me: ...ok????

her: fine

eventually she waits in line and gets to the cash. The first thing I notice are disgusting massive cut wounds on her arms full of dried blood. Totally disgusting and instantly lowers my opinion of this woman. Normally one would ask if someone is ok but I see weird shit like that all the time.

me: Hi.
    her: max ice (7.1% 40 oz)
    me: thats $5.50

she proceeds to count her change and she doesnt have enough.

me: you dont have enough for a max ice did you like a black ice instead?

she starts lookin throgh her pockets for more change.

me: you know, theres a big line did you want to take a second and count your change?
    her: fuck you

at this point i lost it and told her i refused to serve her and to get the hell out she said fuck you to me again and i said it back... i felt it was justified.

Welcome to the board of insane humans!!!!
    (no not us, the customers...)

Let's hope the next person in line has exact change, smells good and is polite. *snort*

Cutenoob
    In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
    She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Quoth Cutenoob View Post
      I, personally like being mildly insane. Keeps people on their toes.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

A large woman comes into our store and she is in the front screaming about something. I ask her what her problem is because she is clearly bothering/concerning other customers.

me: Hey, is there a problem, why are you yelling?
        her: its this fucking guy (points to an unnasuming guy standing behind her in line.)
        me: well just dont talk to each other when your in the store ok?

At this point she just looks at me with the rudest look I have ever seen.

me: ...ok????

her: fine
        I'm sure my mom and I have had much the same conversation many times when I was a kid..."just ignore him and he'll stop!" (though I'm assuming "unassuming guy" wasn't actually doing anything; my brother always was )

Oh, and
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

You told her to "go have sex with herself" but much more explicit than that?...NICE!!...LOL.

Comment

Quoth Cutenoob View Post
            Wait.. I'm SANE?!? Why didn't anyone tell me, and when did this happen!!?

Honestly, I'd rather not be sane, if being sane meant being like the rest of "normal" society, thanks.
            Confirmed altoholic.

Comment

Quoth ShadedWings View Post
              if being sane meant being like the rest of "normal" society, thanks.
              'Normal' is just the disease the rest of society has.
              "I call murder on that!"

Comment

"Normal is everyone being shallow in the same way"
                "Normal is overrated"
                "Normal is a theoretical concept with little real world application"

Take your pick based on your point of view
                Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                  "Normal is everyone being shallow in the same way"
                  "Normal is overrated"
                  "Normal is a theoretical concept with little real world application"

Take your pick based on your point of view
                  Or...

Normal is a Statistics term relating to the distribution of large groups of data.

See? I knew that math minor would be worth something.
                  The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                  "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                  Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
                  X