This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pint Card Bitch

To Preface: I've worked at a custard stand for 6 years. This story comes from my coworker, Kim, whom I was working with the day this happened.

Sidenote: We sell hand-packed custard in pints, quarts, and half gallons. When you buy at least one, you receive a blue pint card. Once you collect eight cards, you can turn them in for a free pint.

The Scene: After lunchtime. Fairly slow. We have just about finished up our chores for the day and were just concerned with customers now.

The Characters:
    Kim: Coworker
    PCB: Pint Card Bitch

The Story:

So PCB drives up to drive thru and orders a few pints and quarts (not sure on exact number, but let's just say it was about 2 pints and 3 quarts for the sake of this conversation). So as I am busy helping customers up front, Kim goes, packs them herself, puts them all in a bag along with one pint card, and hands them out the window.

(Conversation is approximate from what she told me)

PCB: *glancing in bag* Did you put a blue card in here?
    Kim: Yes I did. It's at the bottom of the bag.
    PCB: How many did I get?
    Kim: You get one.
    PCB: Well how come I didn't get 5? I ordered 5 things! I should get 5 cards!
    Kim: No, we only give out one card.
    PCB: *rants and raves about how she should get one for every pint/quart*
    Kim: *repeats that we only give one card*
    PCB: *snotty* Well then, I'll just drive around and buy only one pint every time.

(Sidenote: Why would anyone want to waste their time like that? Drive thru gets SUPERBUSY, stretching ten cars on a slow night!)

Kim: We would remember you and not give you one.
    PCB: *rant rant rant bitch bitch bitch*

To shut her up and make her go away (as a line in forming in drive thru and people get impatient waiting), hands her the pint cards and the lady leaves.

Apparently, she came back a few days later, again pulling the same bullshit, but I don't believe that worker caved as Kim did.

Yeah. Unfortunately, it's that chance of the clerk caving to make them go away that encourages them to continue being sucky.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
      Yeah. Unfortunately, it's that chance of the clerk caving to make them go away that encourages them to continue being sucky.

^-.-^
      I was thinkin' the same thing. Now everytime Pint Card Bitch comes around, she's gonna throw a hissy fit for her additional cards, then she'll probably pull out the, "but I spend so much money here" excuse when she's refused.
      Last edited by karma_gypsy; 10-17-2007, 11:25 PM. Reason: fixing words
      This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Quoth karma_gypsy View Post
        she'll probably pull out the, "but I spend so much money here" excuse when she's refused.
        Either that, or the equally famous "I'm good friends with the owner, manager, etc." excuse.
        "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
        ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

Quoth Tito View Post
          Either that, or the equally famous "I'm good friends with the owner, manager, etc." excuse.
          And if not that, then it'll be, "But they've done it for me here before!"

Comment

Quoth Morrigan View Post
            And if not that, then it'll be, "But they've done it for me here before!"
            *nods*

Yup. And the very worst part about that is that she'll be telling the truth.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

completely off topic (but on topic she whould had her origanal card revoked)
              Morrigan-
              OMG LOVE THE AVI!!!
              my pus name is claire ^_^

Comment

Quoth Tito View Post
                Randomness relating to this - we have a guy who comes up frequently and mentions that he's the cousin of the both of the owners. The women who own this stand are two women in their 40's who are related in no way, and also, not related to this man. They serve him with a smile, but once he's gone they're like, "What a weirdo!"

Comment

Working...
                X