This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you use the hose?!?!

So I've been working at a new construction, installing a Lifeline system ("help, I've fallen and can't get up"). Part of the system is putting emergency pull cords in the bathrooms. Now, being new construction, there's alot of dust and other crap to be cleaned out of the new apartments, and with them expecting the first move-ins in just a couple weeks, they have a large cleaning crew in there, so what's been happening is several times each day, I get a page (our system is live right now) that a cord has been pulled in an apartment. This afternoon, right about quitting time, I get two pages, apartments on the same wing, almost across from each other. Go check the first one, someone tripped it, reset it, and it's fine. Go check the second, and when I go to reset, it feels wet. Reset did not work, so I trip it again, nothing. I pull the face plate off, and can see water inside, which should not have happened. Start noticing, water drips everywhere, even the wallboard feels wet. It looks like the cleaning crew, in a rush to finish the room today, simply took the shower hose, and hosed down everything, then turned on the heat light thinking that would dry everything out.

I reported it to the Project Superitendent, should find out tommorow what happens.

Wha...I...how...Why? At what point did this seem like an idea without rammifications?
    Current Faith in Humanity Meter:
    {|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||}

Comment

Isn't "help, I've fallen and can't get up" from some comedy? or atleast used as a comedic line in various shows/cartoons?

anyways, real smart of them to use water to clean up just after elctrical equipment has been installed!
      "Reverse racism" lol

Comment

Actually is was originally from a real 911 call.

Oh wait no it wasn't. It was from a commercial.

Comment

Quoth Raieth View Post
          It was from a commercial.
          Yep, here's the commericial. Not exact company I'm work with, but the same type of product.

Comment

But before the commercials came 'Family Matters' with the loveable klutzy dork Erkel who frequently used that line.
            The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Quoth Jack7957 View Post
              It looks like the cleaning crew, in a rush to finish the room today, simply took the shower hose, and hosed down everything, then turned on the heat light thinking that would dry everything out.
              How...wha...*fwoomp*

--please stand by for brain reset--

Good Gord, this sounds like something that, had he been employed on said project, a friend would have done.

(to recap, the dude thought it would be a good idea to talk to me on his cell phone while in the shower--thought that as long as his head/the phone didn't get directly wet it would work fine--and I got complained at for "not stopping [him]" when his phone died. A poster child for why we now need warning labels on everything, if you ask me)
              "I am quite confident that I do exist."
              "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Banrion View Post
                But before the commercials came 'Family Matters' with the loveable klutzy dork Erkel who frequently used that line.
                Actually, the commercials first aired in 1987, and Family Matters didn't hit tv until 1989. I never watched the show, and I hated anything I ever saw about the character Urkel.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                X