Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Of course I can help you without any information!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Of course I can help you without any information!

I just recalled this from a few years back, right about the time the phone companies were dealing with other competition. This lady called in and needed to know if she had a balance on her account. You could also tell she was bitter about her former company due to the tone of her voice.

SC: You know who
    Me: Me

SC: I need to know if I have a balance so I can be done with your company once and for all.

Me: No problem. Do you have the phone number?

SC: No, I don't. You should be able to find it right there.

Me: Well, I can find it, but I would need more information than what you have provided. Do you have the name on the account?

SC: Joan Smith (never mind that's an extremely popular name with thousands of people that could be listed under that.

Me: I do have several Joan Smiths, but I would need you to narrow this down for me.

SC: What do you mean? Ugh! You all are so pathetic, which is why I left you all!

Me: Maam, certainly you must realize the information you provided is not enough to go on. Do you have an address or social security number?

SC: No, I don't! It was under last name "Smith", first name "Joan".

Me: I'm sorry, but I have over 1,000 listings under that name. You would need to provide some additional information.

SC: Oh, never mind. You all are so pathetic. I'll just let it go. (Click!)

My feeling on this was this was someone with lots of time on their hands and really was pulling one over on me, or was another one of those who at one time provided needed information, but now finds it a violation of their privacy to give this information out. If it's the latter, then she probably today still owes money to her previous phone company. I wonder how she got her line connected with the new company?
    Last edited by greensinestro; 05-27-2008, 04:34 PM.

Classic. She expected you to read her mind! Or was just pranking...
    This message brought to you by a hopeless pop-culture-obsessed social reject.

Comment

I think it's far more likely that she's a moron, given the moron/non-moron ratio of the public.
      Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Brain hurt... make hurty go away....
        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

I love it when they call in and don't give you anything else to go on. And then they get snippy, when you ask for a bit more information. mmmm annoying people, they make the world go round
          "God appreciates your editing" -Kes

Comment

Me: Ah, yes, Joan Smith. It says here you owe $400.00. Would there be anything else?

Comment

Quoth ringo View Post
              Me: Ah, yes, Joan Smith. It says here you owe $400.00. Would there be anything else?
              Great idea. I'm sure that would be when she would provide the information I needed, as long as it wasn't any account that had money owed on it.

Comment

Would a middle name have helped?
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Ah yes! Sounds like the sister or wife of my customer that wanted me to read his mind for his personal information yesterday... do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars..
                  "No, I will not poop a shopping cart out for you." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

Working...
                  X