This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time Reversing Manager

I remember once when I was a call centre slave for a big credit card company. People would call in their payments. Well with phone payments the cut off dates for payments to post on the same day was 5 pm Eastern Standard Time, btw I am on the East Coast so that comes into play too! So this is what happened;

The cast

Me
    SC

Ring Ring
    Me: Thank you for calling blah blah blah
    SC: My name is XZ, card number blah blah
    Me: How can I assist you today?
    SC: I would like to make a payment towards my card and have it post today
    Me: We can take the payment but unfortunately it won't post today since it is 5.25pm.
    SC: It can't be! It can't be 5.25 pm!
    Me: Sir. we are on the East Coast and it's 5.25 pm.
    SC: Drum rolls... LET ME SPEAK TO A MANAGER!

I transferred him to a manager, who I presume was able to turn back time for him. Why he couldnt fathom it was past 5 on the East Coast even if he could just add an hour from where he was, I don't know.
    BTW CC customers think Managers can solve anything. Sorry there are somethings beyond them ie time travel!

Well, unless your manager is Superman or the Doctor, or possibly Pr. Emett Brown, they're SOL.
    "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

We get that all the time at Flowers O Suck too. Your order has to be placed by 2pm est to be guaranteed same day delivery, no one wants to understand that. I guess we're just supposed to keep thousands of delivery guys on quick standby holding made up flower arrangements ready to be delivered at a moments notice.
      "No, I will not poop a shopping cart out for you." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

We have one particular customer who has multiple branches, some of which, are on the east coast. So, their corporate office will call their sales rep, in California, then the sales rep will contact FAJ, up here, in Oregon, and by the time it gets to FAJ, it's after 5pm EST, and the branch on the east coast gets to wait two days for their order. When this was first set up, I used to get angry calls once a week. Now they just understand, and make sure to never run out of stuff *laughs* Silly people.

By the way, Time Travel 101, is in the same series as Mind reading 101, and Gibberish 101 (if you don't think you can handle Gibberish, they do offer Drunkenese as an alternate). The local school offers a discount if you try to take on all three classes at once. Instead of costing an arm, a leg, and your soul, it's just your soul and an eye (pfft, they're small, and you have two!).
        "God appreciates your editing" -Kes

Comment

Working...
        X