Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Repeating the same thing over and over...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repeating the same thing over and over...

does not change reality!

Background info: I work for a company that is an exclusive dealer for a major cellular carrier. (The same carrier Kara used to work for.) We are not a corporate store, but part of a chain of five stores that are privately owned. This becomes important later.

A girl comes in yesterday and states that I sold her a phone (Moto RAZR 2) and she had recently done a warranty exchange because the buttons were sticking. No problems yet. New phone works fine.

She proceeds to tell me that the Customer Care Rep told her that she should have onle been charged $19.99 after the mail in rebate for that specific model of phone, and My store ripped her off. Blather, blather, blather, then says that the rep told her that the carrier had received repeated complaints of shady practices, and we were on the list to be investigated. I let her vent for a while, and she got increasingly more rude as she went on. One of my part-time employees was standing at the counter and started giggling at her. Here's the problem, as I kind of rudely stated to her:

1) The RAZR 2 has never been, nor will ever be $19.99 after rebate. It has an MP3 player, 2 mega pixel camera,and several other features and goes for $200 after rebate. Hell we're currently selling the old-style RAZRS for $19.99 after rebate, and it doesn't do half of what the RAZR 2 does.

2) Since we are not a Corporate store, the carrier has no way to tell what we charge for phones on upgrades, new activations, or retail price. They have no access to our computer system. The rep clearly had no idea what she was talking about.

3) Our store currently has a 100% Voice of the Customer rating. Our chain was recently voted the #1 exclusive dealer in the U.S. If the carrier was "investigating" us, this would not be the case. That says a lot for a store that represents a carrier that was just awarded their seventh consecutive J.D. Powers and Associates award for best in customer service.

Even after I explained all of this to her, she continued stating that the Care Rep said her phone should have only cost her $19.99. That's when I finally got fed up and told her that repeating it over and over does not make it reality. She finally stormed out saying she was going to complain to my sales manager. I stopped her to tell her that he was sitting in his office and overheard the entire exchange. Boy that pissed her off!

Congrats on the cool rewards and for putting that SC in her place!
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

LOL My sister works in a similar job (for a job that isn't a corporate store, but a privately owned vendor of their products). She's had to do the same thing before. It's kind of funny, the tales she calls me with. I'm still trying to convince her to join up here.
      "God appreciates your editing" -Kes

Comment

I don't understand why SC's believe the first thing they hear, and anything else is BS. The rep told you something? You know what? They're wrong.
        I know they told it to you first, but that doesn't make it true.
        Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Working...
        X