Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Totally not my week. I'm in the hospital again.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I spoke too soon. I started puking again yesterday afternoon and I'm back in the ER now for fluids and more tests.
    At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

What the heck...??! Hope you're feeling better soon! This is crazy.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

They can't find a reason for the uncontrollable vomiting. They sent me home with suppositories after pumping me full of fluids. My check up with my surgeon is Monday. Here's hoping I make it through the weekend.

On the plus side, I lost 10 pounds since last Saturday. It's not exactly the recommended diet plan*, but since I had about 70 to lose, I don't mind the jump start so much.

*I've been joking around that they say two pounds a week, not two pounds a day. Silly me.
        At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Quoth mathnerd View Post
          On the plus side, I lost 10 pounds since last Saturday. It's not exactly the recommended diet plan*, but since I had about 70 to lose, I don't mind the jump start so much.
          Not the most enjoyable diet plan.

I do hope they find out what's wrong, correct it, and you have a speedy and thorough recovery! for you and your kids.
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Mathnerd, my father went to the ER on a Wednesday. This was astonishing, as he was super stoic, like one of Garrison Keillor's Norwegian Bachelor Farmers, so I think the pain must have been intense. ER found nothing, sent him home again. Lesser pain on Thursday, he ignored it. Friday the pain ramped up again, and off he went to the ER. They decided it was appendicitis, and started rooting around for it to confirm. BUT, his wasn't down inside his pelvic girdle like most of the rest of us; his was up under his ribs, by his liver! Took them hours to find it; realize it had ruptured at least 24 hours prior, haul him into the OR stat, and plotz him in cardiac recovery for a week (this was back in the early-middle 80's). He had peritonitis and it also affected his heart pretty badly, and he was on heart meds for the rest of his life. He quit smoking cold turkey during that week, because although it was long ago enough that you COULD smoke in the hospital and in ICU (!!!), he was hooked up to heart monitors, and he could watch them go haywire when he had a smoke, plus feel the nausea and dizziness, so he decided it was time to not smoke anymore.

Hope your recovery smooths out and you start to get better fast!

Comment

Thanks

Good news: The anti-nausea meds work and I can eat. Sort of.

Bad news: The anti-nausea meds make me dizzy and spacey and make it hard to focus on anything. I can type on my computer and sort of read the screen, but I can't see or type on my phone. I can send text messages to people who use iPhones, but if somebody tries to text me and they're not using iMessage, I can't really read it and I definitely can't respond. It's irritating.

Comment

*hugs you lots*
                1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                -----
                http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Yick. It sounds like your innards were badly irritated by the surgery. I don't suppose you're taking any anti-inflammatory meds? They may help calm things down.

Comment

I haven't been taking any anti-inflammatory meds because I haven't been able to hold anything down, and I was afraid something like that would make that worse. Yesterday was the best day I've had since surgery. I was able to eat enough, and keep it down, where I didn't lose any weight. Yay! I'm still woozy and can't focus well when I try to read, but I'll take that over constant puking. Maybe I'll try advil or something today. My appointment with my surgeon is Monday. Hopefully things will continue to improve.

Comment

Hopefully you feel better soon. Glad to hear that there are slow signs of improvement. Hopefully it's just nothing worse than a gut way out of whack that is taking its slow time to heal.
                      Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

It's a sad day when it seems normal to sit at my desk with a puke bucket between me and the computer and barely break stride while typing when I need to puke.

And now there's small amounts of blood coming up. Doc recommended Tums and watching it to see if it gets worse or if clots start coming up. Yippie.

Comment

Working...
                        X