This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holiday Grazing at Work

As is traditional in late December, multiple people have brought food in to share with employees and coworkers. We've each been given gifts of chocolate and other candy and cookies. And then someone decided that we had too many sweets, so this week it's been cheese, crackers, veggies, and dip. Except the veggie trays smelled bad as soon as they were opened, so I've been avoiding them. I have been helping myself to the crackers, since those seemed safe.

I'm sure some of you have much more extravagant or unusual holiday treats passed around at work. I'd love to hear about them!
    "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
    -Mira Furlan

I am currently sitting at the reception desk of the car dealership and am surrounded with home baked goodies - vendors and customers have sent them. I am to the point that one more cookie may be my undoing
    "I guess they see another cash cow just waiting to be dry humped." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

The father of a CW of mine makes truckloads of fudge this time of year. It's been said he makes so much, they now have a "fudge fridge." Meaning, an entire fridge separate from the regular one, designated for fudge. So yeah... Fudge.
      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Not much for holiday treats at the swamp this year. Last Saturday they had a meal of roast beef sandwiches, chicken tenders and salad for the people working, but I was not among them.

Maybe there will be something tomorrow. I dunno.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

One of the contracters we use a lot always brings us a Honey Baked Ham and all the fixings too. The whole office eats on that for the week. Today my boss let us use the company card to order food in since we had eaten all the ham.

Comment

Not a lot of holiday treats since my last day of work was the 9th. My former manager did take me out for lunch after I'd signed my severance paper work with HR. Ended up with a nice case of food poisoning. Joy.
            Random conversation:
            Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
            DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

MissyRed starts cookin sweets Dec 1st and doesnt stop all month. She's coming to mytown for the weekend and I'll get my goodies then.

Comment

We're having a pitch in at work tomorrow and I'm baking cookies. We usually have ham and whatever else people bring in. Always a good time. At my holiday job, they had food every day I was there. Today was all sorts of cookies and candy. I missed all the real food. Now I'm hungry.
                I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

We did a large pot luck luncheon on Tuesday that pretty much started at 8 and rolled thru out the day with people grazing on baked goods and other snacks. The lunch itself had a lot of local foods (big Italian and Portuguese population in the area) along with venison and squirrel (just spit out the shot as my Uncle says) stews.

Comment

Let me tell you the Tale of the Holy Grail.

There is a large company here that we do a LOT of business with. Each year they send our dept a fancy glass jar filled with delicious chocolates. The chocolate goes fast, and then begins the competition for the Grail itself (the jar, obviously).

When the dept was larger, every year somebody different would get to keep the jar. Then one year a CW decided she wanted a whole set of them to use as kitchen canisters (sugar, flour, etc). That pissed people off but nobody felt they could tell her "no." So she collected three or four of the jars, which of course took three or four years.

I myself finally got to take one home about 3 years ago. They're not even as fancy as they used to be, but someone asked me if I had one and I said I didn't, so they gave it to me.

There are now two of them sitting on a bank of file cabinets at work. I guess the magic of the Grail has worn off.
                    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

We have peppermint cupcakes and sugar cookies as well as an assortment of candy canes. Had I not been so exhausted yesterday (the result of a combination of door slamming idiot neighbors, my hubby kicking me in the middle of the night, and my dog deciding 1am was playtime) I'd have made sparkle ginger cookies. Maybe I still will, the family Christmas isn't over until Tuesday.

We did have a staff holiday party catered by the local Mexican restaurant. It was Meh but hey, free food! (well the salsa was good at least).
                      "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

We always do a mid-January party, starting on a Friday noon. It's just lots of food, and quite popular.
                        No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Working...
                        X