This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, this week it got worse.

One of the few perks to this place was flexible hours. Come in at 8, stay till 4:30, 10 till 7, whatever worked for you so long as you got your work done and hours in.

Now, strict 8:30 to 5:30 day, hour lunch enforced. I don't like hour long lunches. This basically eats 1.5 hours of my evening not counting the worse traffic at those hours.

And it turns out the accountant who left didn't leave formulas for allocating one of her account's payrolls for billing. My boss wants that yesterday, and I have to rebuild it from scratch and vague instructions. I'm having to neglect my original accounts, except when he wants to make some drastic change that makes no sense and has nothing to back up the numbers.

I've updated my resume and found a few likely positions. I'm going to start sending inquiries out tonight. This is not what I signed up for, and no one in their right mind would take this job as is. I certainly wouldn't.
    "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

What do you want to bet when you do leave they're going to be asking why you're leaving, THEY NEED YOU!!!!

Etc etc
      My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Somehow that wouldn't surprise me, Tama. You are worthless 'til you leave.
        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Oh, it's gotten weird now. That bit is in Morons in Management.
          "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Boy, they just don't let up. Now I've got to review the expense reimbursements as well.

Comment

I really hope that you're putting out resumes all over the place because I have a feeling it won't be much longer before that place goes tits up.

Comment

Finally finished my cover letters. Sending out the signal starting tonight.

They've got me sitting mail and scanning things now. They fired the receptionist and are treating me like a secretary.

Comment

Lol why have an extra person there when you can cut payroll and have one person do the job of many?

How many people would you say normally do the things you do, HFP?
                  My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Well, two accountants, one paralegal, and a receptionist, so 4.

Comment

Hoo, boy. Time cards. They're switching everyone to non exempt and were all getting time cards.

I got bitched out for leaving 15 minutes early one day last week (I arrived early), and for leaving early to pick up the mail like I was TOLD TO!!!

It's getting very hard to pretend I give a shot anymore.

Comment

Oooooo. Document everything, and good luck on finding a new job!

Comment

I am working on it. It's just gone weird now.

Comment

Working...
                          X