This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am exhausted

I am the oncall for work this week. This means, if anything significant happens, they call me for further instructions. A lot of "significant events" happened last night. I received at least 3 calls about escapes, and then returning from escape (Due to the department of criminal justice standards, we have two hours to file an escape from the time we noticed them being late. which means a lot of people who are just late signing in get placed on and then removed from escape status). One hot BA. And then a heroin overdose. which requires me getting the call, giving instructions, and then I have to call and wake up one of the big bosses, receive additional instructions, and then call the facility back to give them the additional instructions. At 300 in the freaking morning. And then I couldn't get back to sleep. It's going to be a long day. The pic is a list of times I was on the phone last night

Geesh. Hope you were eventually able to get some rest. That's one reason while I don't want to be a GM in my industry (hotels). Though I assume dealing with criminal stuff is less frequent for us (depending on where you are ), I still don't want to be the person who gets called in the middle of the night.
    "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

I ended up filling up an entire page and a half with calls. Thankfully, none were as bad as Monday and Tuesday, but there was a TON of crap going on this week. As of today though, it's all someone else's problem!

Comment

Working...
      X