This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Horsetuna View Post
    While that is funny, Edible Hat, I must say that the clerk should have carded, heh.
    Clerk might have known the customer....

Comment

Heh, I don't get carded much...

Mostly because I started going bald when I was 16. Kind of a pity I didn't drink back then!

Comment

Quoth Tria View Post
        Clerk might have known the customer....
        That's what I was thinking. I had to get a driver's license for checks, and there were a few people who wrote them so often I wouldn't have bothered except that I had to write some info from the license on the check. But then, these people knew that and always had their ID out. I've even had people who would write the info I needed on the check for me, but they still showed me the ID.
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I am so glad I don't work at a gas station anymore.........people buying age restricted items do seem to be the most entitlement issued whores there are. Young OR old.

Young people seem to think once they hit 18 (for ciggs) or 21 (for booze) that carding them is now illegal and they cannot be hassled. Old people think that since they have been able to buy these items since Fred Flintstone started the Union at the quarry, they cannot be hassled either.
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
            I don't smoke, but I buy lighters. Because places that sell candles almost never sell lighters.

^-.-^
            I could see that. I never really gave it much consideration. I just tell customers who squawk about things beyond my control that that's just the way it is. Make up a valid birthdate and buy it, or don't. I really could care less either way. I'm just not interested in hearing some blowhard griping about how ridiculous it is. That's just the way it is, take it or leave it! I'm just working here trying to earn a living until I finish my education and find a better job.

By the way, any idea why they don't sell lighters at places where they sell candles? That really seems illogical now that you mention it. Then again, my store sells rolling papers, but they don't sell loose tobacco. Yes, I'm pretty sure that a great many of my regular customers who buy rolling papers are smoking something other than tobacco, but it's none of my business.
            Last edited by aurelemsrealm; 10-15-2007, 01:29 AM. Reason: Added an afterthought
            The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Quoth aurelemsrealm View Post

By the way, any idea why they don't sell lighters at places where they sell candles? That really seems illogical now that you mention it. Then again, my store sells rolling papers, but they don't sell loose tobacco. Yes, I'm pretty sure that a great many of my regular customers who buy rolling papers are smoking something other than tobacco, but it's none of my business.
              I don't know, but Yankee Candle does give out matches; I would think most candle stores do. It would make sense to sell lighters, too, though. Especially those long-nosed ones that are meant for lighting things that require reaching...like candles! or fireplaces and such.
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I actually have a nice butane lighter that's shaped like an old-fashioned double-barrel shotgun for my candles, but I never have any fluid, so I still end up needing lighters/matches. But matches can be a total pain to deal with, so I prefer plain boring disposable cigarette lighters for my candle-lighting needs.

Candle shops sometimes have what are called kitchen matches, which are long wooden matches that used to be used for lighting old-style stoves and burners.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Camping

I go wilderness camping a lot, I always buy a new lighter for each trip.

8 Hours canoeing to the nearest store is no time to find out that your lighter is empty or rusted up.

Comment

Working...
                  X