This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth ds_36 View Post
    Yeah I tried asking if the person was a student a few times, but usually they'd wind up getting offended and wanting to know why it was important. It also usually resulted in them saying yes (regardless of the truth), since I obviously though they may have been.
    This one's actually pretty easy. Something along the lines of: "And do you have a student ID with you, today?" This way, they won't just say yes to get the discount, but it reminds them that being a student may get them a discount. Also, for the older people, before you ring them up, "That's one General Admission," or, "That's one Adult ticket." A lot of them may still miss it, but when they tell you their age, you can reply with a jovial comment like: "Are you sure? I'd have said 45, tops!" Or whatever. Very few people (in my experience) will stay angry with you if you thought they were 10-15 years under their venerable 60. Then again, some people just want to complain. Give them perfect service, and they'll gripe at you for being too cheerful (it happens, trust me) in the end, I always found it helpful to imagine myself rending them limb from limb. Makes that smile really easy to come by.
    If ignorance is bliss, no wonder I'm so unhappy.

Comment

The staff in my local cinema are pretty cool. I'm not a student, but often when I got with a couple of mates who are they'll give me student rate too... Might be 'cos I'm actually honest and tell them I'm not
      "Ah, he's not the first psycho to hire us, nor the last. You think that's a commentary on us?"

Comment

Working...
      X