X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth draftermatt View Post
    IF YOU HATE YOUR JOB FIND A NEW ONE!
    That's exactly what I'm doing. I'm keeping this job until I find a new one. I've been looking for a new one for months and I still am but I get nothing. I understand I should be more greatful but my job really sucks. The customers are actually the least of my problems. It's that everyone has poor work ethic and my manager can't handle a store and he won't hire more people.

MOD EDIT:
    No need to quote entire post- we just read it.
    Last edited by NightAngel; 10-16-2007, 05:13 AM.

Comment

The customer didn't suck

Sorry, must be said...

Customer in the OP was rude to you because you were rude to him first. No one likes to be ignored (especially at a store where they're spending their hard-earned money).

Like the saying goes..."You get what you give".

It only takes a few seconds to look up, smile and say politely, "I'll be with you soon as I'm finished here (while pointing to money).

Also, you say your co-workers have no work ethic...maybe you can lead by example with being more polite to customers?

I know you say you hate your job, but that's no excuse for ignoring a customer. It's not the customer's fault you applied for and got that job so don't take it out on them. Be polite, acknowledge, be helpful & friendly while looking for another job not in customer service.

My ruling: Customer not sucky. He mirrored you in hope that it made you realize how rude you were to him. I probably would've done the same thing if I were in his shoes.

Laundryhater

Comment

Quoth TiNAMARBLEx3 View Post
        That's exactly what I'm doing. I'm keeping this job until I find a new one.
        Good for you for trying to change your situation. Too many people just go on hating their jobs, hoping it changes one day. I hope you find something better for you soon.
        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

As an employer and employee myself, I see all kinds of crappy customers that come into my business, but until shit hits the fan, you have to keep your professionalism, thats all there is to it.

Did you see him coming to you? I mean, if you knew he was there, you should have greeted him, I HATE when I approach an employee at a store and they don't aknowledge me (see, it works both ways).

And to be honest, rethink your attitude towards your job. Whether you like it or not, its your job, until YOU change that. The company that you work for expects you to work, not have a crappy attitude all day.

We come here to vent about true suckiness at work, what you did is just rude.

Comment

Let's avoid taking this one onto a personal level, please.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth slick View Post
              As an employer and employee myself, I see all kinds of crappy customers that come into my business, but until shit hits the fan, you have to keep your professionalism, thats all there is to it.

Did you see him coming to you? I mean, if you knew he was there, you should have greeted him, I HATE when I approach an employee at a store and they don't aknowledge me (see, it works both ways).

And to be honest, rethink your attitude towards your job. Whether you like it or not, its your job, until YOU change that. The company that you work for expects you to work, not have a crappy attitude all day.

We come here to vent about true suckiness at work, what you did is just rude.
              Ok I understand that I was ignoring the guy and yea that was rude of me. It just irritates me when I'm doing something and not even looking at the line of customers and they just come to you and order their stuff. Whenever I'm at a food place, I wait till the employee acknowledges me. Most of the time though, I am nice to customers.

Comment

Yeah, asshats will be asshats no matter what you do.

But you should still be polite and professional, even if they are complete and utter douchebags.

That whole "not sinking to their level" and "being the better person" thing.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I don't really assume customers are talking to me unless they say excuse me or something to grab my attention otherwise I just ignore them. I hate how they think we should be working, acting so impatient and I try to make a good conversation with someone and they interrupt. You get the asshats that tell you to stop talking to the co-worker and serve me without being so polite about it.
                  Providing Excellent customer service and Filtering out nonsense people.

Comment

Quoth bigjimaz View Post
                    Seems to me you could have prevented this. It's not too hard to say, "Hello sir. I'll be right with you." IMHO
                    I would agree with this statement being it is a pet peeve of mine whenever I go into any store or fast food restaurant, and the person at the counter ignores me totally. Something like, "I'll be with you in a minute, sir" would have prevented this situation. I don't actually think your customer was rude, as you put it. He was put out with your attitude, particularly where you think readers of this thread should support your personal dislike of your job, and the fact that you're taking it out on your customers.

Comment

Working...
                    X