Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two Customer meltdowns in one day....is that a record?? (with other stories)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Customer meltdowns in one day....is that a record?? (with other stories)

Meltdown #1

Me: (Bookstore), this is Honya-chan, how can.......
    SC: Your cashier stiffed me money!! I demand it back!!
    Me: ...help you?
    SC: GIVE ME BACK MY MONEY!!
    Me: Okay, did it happen today?
    SC: YES!!
    Me: Sir, calm down and stop shouting at me. I can hear you perfectly......
    SC: GIVE ME BACK MY MONEY NOW OR ELSE I WILL CALL THE COPS!!

The version without the shouting, swearing, insane ramblings, and 15 minute aggravation:

Guy apparently came in earlier today and bought something. He then realizes that he's missing some cash. Calls from home, demanding it back.

I tell him that if he comes down and lets us verify that the till is over, then we can give him the benefit of the doubt and give him the cash back. No, he demands it back and wants it handed back to him by mail. He threatens to call the cops, yadda yadda yadda. I tell him that he should come down and claim it. Nope, demands it be given to him no questions asked. I inform him one last time to either come down, or I will treat this call as a hoax call and hang-up on him. He relents and vows to come down.

So I take the till he allegedly used and count it out. He claims to be shorted $15; I count 15 cents missing.

Meltdown #2

Okay, this one is kinda weird.

So a lady comes in and buys some craft books. As I ring them up, she claims to be a business and wants a business discount. Fine, void it out, start again.

Oh wait, she just moved to the area. So, she has no business paperwork, not even a prior business card from her previous residence (I was actually gonna be lenient BTW if she just produced that bit of info). She then goes into a crying tirade about how she just moved, her sister had died, she has to do the funeral, and yells at one of my co-workers that she wasn't helping. It took all my patience to actually calm her down and get the transaction done. Afterwards, the co-worker aks what was up with her. I tell her, and she replies back "What the hell is she buying craft books when her sister died? Not to sound insensitive, but I'd at elast be picking out her coffin or calling relatives."

Yay, a Pet Peeve!!

15 times today, people threw back bags, commented they didn't need bags, made stupid "Save a Plastic Tree/Save Oil/Save a Tree" jokes, or just threw them back without saying anything.

Can these people just say upfront "I don't need a bag?" if they don't need one? Is it that frickin' hard??

I can't stand it when people with Educator discount cards wait until the very end of the transaction to tell me about it. When this happens, I go from friendly to pissed off very very quickly.

With regards to bags... I don't put things in bags unless specifically requested. Sometimes I'll ask, but not very often. I don't ever comment back on the "Save a Plastic Tree/Save Oil/Save a Tree" jokes.... becuase they fall in the same category as "I need a bag because I'm walking/going to the grocery store/etc" and I just don't care.

Comment

When I was a bagger at the supermarket i hated the people who wanted something like triple plastic only 3 cans/bag. The assholes who would not say no bag but have enough items to be bagged and then threw the bag at me, well jokes on them. I threw the bag in the trash.

Comment

He wanted his money back so badly he wanted you to mail it?
        You're not supposed to mail cash, anyway. And I would think a receipt would be necessary to, ya know, prove he actually was in the store and paid cash and at what register...

The bag thing always bugged me, too. I'd have a magazine halfway in the bag, and they'd say "oh I don't need a bag." So I started just asking if they wanted one if they were only buying one or two magazines, or one mass market paperback. 8 times out off 10 they'd say no. Saves aggravation and keeps the counter neater.
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Bad news....no, it isn't a record.

Comment

Quoth Hon'ya-chan View Post
            Meltdown #1

15 times today, people threw back bags, commented they didn't need bags, made stupid "Save a Plastic Tree/Save Oil/Save a Tree" jokes, or just threw them back without saying anything.

Can these people just say upfront "I don't need a bag?" if they don't need one? Is it that frickin' hard??
            This is my pet peeve as well. You throw your crap in another bag and throw the empty bag at me. they usually say that they want me to save a bag from the 10,000 bags I go through a day to take that effort to do that. People tell me that theya re trying to save the environment well obviously they foundrent free shelter (similar to what the keebler elves live in) but fight real hard to keep it from being destroyed I don't friggin care what people think about the environment that's just my opinion!
            Providing Excellent customer service and Filtering out nonsense people.

Comment

Quoth Hon'ya-chan View Post
              Meltdown #1

Me: (Bookstore), this is Honya-chan, how can.......
              SC: Your cashier stiffed me money!! I demand it back!!
              Me: ...help you?
              SC: GIVE ME BACK MY MONEY!!
              Me: Okay, did it happen today?
              SC: YES!!
              Me: Sir, calm down and stop shouting at me. I can hear you perfectly......
              SC: GIVE ME BACK MY MONEY NOW OR ELSE I WILL CALL THE COPS!!

The version without the shouting, swearing, insane ramblings, and 15 minute aggravation:

Guy apparently came in earlier today and bought something. He then realizes that he's missing some cash. Calls from home, demanding it back.

I tell him that if he comes down and lets us verify that the till is over, then we can give him the benefit of the doubt and give him the cash back. No, he demands it back and wants it handed back to him by mail. He threatens to call the cops, yadda yadda yadda. I tell him that he should come down and claim it. Nope, demands it be given to him no questions asked. I inform him one last time to either come down, or I will treat this call as a hoax call and hang-up on him. He relents and vows to come down.

So I take the till he allegedly used and count it out. He claims to be shorted $15; I count 15 cents missing.

Meltdown #2

Okay, this one is kinda weird.

So a lady comes in and buys some craft books. As I ring them up, she claims to be a business and wants a business discount. Fine, void it out, start again.

Oh wait, she just moved to the area. So, she has no business paperwork, not even a prior business card from her previous residence (I was actually gonna be lenient BTW if she just produced that bit of info). She then goes into a crying tirade about how she just moved, her sister had died, she has to do the funeral, and yells at one of my co-workers that she wasn't helping. It took all my patience to actually calm her down and get the transaction done. Afterwards, the co-worker aks what was up with her. I tell her, and she replies back "What the hell is she buying craft books when her sister died? Not to sound insensitive, but I'd at elast be picking out her coffin or calling relatives."

Yay, a Pet Peeve!!

I usually just say, "oh, I don't need a bag with for that thanks." Cashier usually just says, "no problem."

End of transaction.
              Total surrender
              Your touch is so tender
              Your skin is like water on a burning beach
              And it brings me relief
              "Nails in My Feet" - Crowded House

Comment

Working...
              X