X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another entitlement whore

Little background:

I am a Shift Supervisor at Caribou Coffee, and every morning we serve a Light Roast and Dark Roast coffee. At about 11am, we go down to just one or the other, since not much drip brew is sold after that time.

Ok, here we go.

It's 1pm, and we're serving our Costa Rica blend, which is a Light Roast, yet a bit darker--on the roast scale, its near the middle.

SC drives up in the DT and orders a Dark Roast. My coworker (CW) informs him of what coffee we're serving, he says ok, and drives ahead. No problem.

Until he gets to the window.

CW turns to me, saying SC wants to know if he can have his coffee for free since it's not what he wanted. Gimme a break.
    It took all my willpower not to laugh, as SC could see me from the pickup window. I told my CW, no, absolutely not. We do offer a free shot of espresso though if a customer wants a dark roast and we only have light. (basically a free depth charge) CW informs SC of this, he gives her an irritated sigh and says he doesn't want a shot.

I don't know who he was kidding though, thinking of asking for his entire drink for free. He can kiss my coffee-brewing fat ass. Entitlement whore.

I told my boss this story the next day. He laughed, as I wanted to, and said he gives the SC an A for effort.
    Here's your sign...

SC does NOT get an A for effort.

C-, maybe.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I'd have taken the free shot. Anything for more caffeine.
      Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth EmilyRose1982 View Post
        CW turns to me, saying SC wants to know if he can have his coffee for free since it's not what he wanted. Gimme a break.
        You can not have it, if you want. Moron.
        Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

*SC walks into Lexus dealership*

SC: Do you have any Fords here?
          Emp: No, sorry, sir.
          SC: Well, can I get a Lexus for free since you don't have what I want?

Okay, maybe a bit different, but I can totally imagine that scenario.
          Last edited by Lachrymose; 05-26-2008, 12:39 AM.

Comment

I don't think that would be the strangest story we've heard on the boards, sadly enough
            Your true character is who you are when no one is looking.
            --Unknown

Comment

Quoth EmilyRose1982 View Post
              ...SC wants to know if he can have his coffee for free since it's not what he wanted. Gimme a break.
              I'll believe it. I've had computer customers pull variations of that one.

SC: I want this $500 laptop.
              Me: I'm sorry, we're sold out.
              SC: Then sell me this $900 laptop for the same price.
              Me: Sorry, I can't do that.
              SC: Yes you can!
              Me: No.

Or the one from last week...

SC: I want this desktop package in your ad.
              Me: I'm sorry, we're sold out.
              SC: What? But I want one!
              Me: It's gone. None of our stores in the district has any, our distribution center is sold out, and we've even sold the floor model.
              SC: Well, if you're out, you have to give me one!
              Me: I don't have any to sell you. I'm sorry. I can help you find something similar if you like.
              SC: No, if you're sold out, you have to give me one free!
              Me: That would be awfully difficult, considering that I don't have ANY of them, free or otherwise.
              (This guy took that claim up to the department sup and the store manager. He didn't get the computer for free, for obvious reasons.)
              I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
              - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
              - IPF

Comment

I can kind of see the logic in getting a more expensive product for the price of a promotional line that is sold out (but don't sympathise with the SCs) but getting it for free because they are sold out is plain crazy.

Comment

Quoth Fiyero View Post
                  I can kind of see the logic in getting a more expensive product for the price of a promotional line that is sold out (but don't sympathise with the SCs) but getting it for free because they are sold out is plain crazy.

I can see the logic if the item in question is an inexpensive one. Substitute one kind of coffee for a sold out one, perhaps. But not a computer.
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                    SC does NOT get an A for effort.

C-, maybe.
                    Nope...more like an F for FAIL!!!
                    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

how the hell did the SC even know it WASNT a dark roast?? Did your stool pigeon co-worker admit this to the customer?? It isnt like giving some regular who wants decaf...this was just a different ROAST...

next time, the coffee is whatever the customer asked for...i think

"Is this dark roast?"
                      "why yes, yes it is sir! And one of our newest blends! Much smoother than the old one we used, and it even helps that certain part of a man's body"

apparently, thats the line that works on those infomercials, should work with any other mid-life crisis
                      This job would be pretty cool...if it wasnt for the fuckin customers

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
                        Nope...more like an F for FAIL!!!
                        Yeah, well...I was trying to be nice.
                        Unseen but seeing
                        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                        3rd shift needs love, too
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Customers aren't due SQUAT if you're out of anything. Too bad, pal. Show up sooner. I mean, please.

What're we going to be compensating customers for next? Merely showing up to the store?
                          "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

He can kiss my coffee-brewing fat ass.
                            my thoughts exactly; when we run out, we're out, period. no, we won't compensate you for your 'inconvenience.'

try moving your sorry ass a bit faster and get here sooner, and maybe you'll get it.

your inability to manage time effectively is definitely NOT our problem.
                            look! it's ghengis khan!
                            Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth pope of the nextels View Post
                              how the hell did the SC even know it WASNT a dark roast??
                              Because our customers know which blends are dark roasts, if that's all they like. My CW said we were serving only Costa Rica at the moment, and the guy made a disappointed noise.

And it's part of Caribou's way to be honest with our customers, always. :P
                              Here's your sign...

Comment

Working...
                              X