This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm hoping they do get him.

I didn't even know it was such a low number when it happened. I found that out after the fact (I checked the drawer to see what was missing. Just ones and fives. Since we keep a log of the money count at the beginning of shift, I just turned to that to discover how much was missing).

Good thing no one came in that day and paid cash. Then I would have been in trouble. (average night costs around 100$ a room)
    Last edited by Evil Queen; 05-26-2008, 03:10 AM.
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

You wouldn't (read shouldn't) have been in trouble for that. There is nothing that you as an individual can do to prevent that kind of stuff. And if your company says anything about it being your fault kick them "squah in the noots" for me.

Comment

An hour for a 911 robbery? Wow.... in my agency, we take all the radios and tell a cop in whatever area is happened to clear and take the call...

I'm sorry it took so long for police to respond, but at the same time I'm happy you're okay, and I'm really really happy you got the plate and the guy's description.

Let's hope that guy gets what's coming to him, EQ. Would hate if anything happened to you, I love your stories.
        Carpe Jugulum : Go for the throat.

Comment

Guys..

The perp was GONE. I know people who have undergone emotional trauma don't agree, but it was NOT an emergency. It was a $35 theft. No assault, no injuries, no weapons involved. Even in small towns, there are things that happen that take priority over making a report.

Comment

Quoth Crazeyal View Post
            Guys..

The perp was GONE.
            According to our protocols, with a timelapse of less than 20 minutes (which it sounds like from her running to get the plate), description of the suspect and a plate with direction of travel, it's a priority 2, which means we get someone out there as soon as possible.

no matter what the amount taken was.

Comment

I agree with both of you really.

I can totally understand it taking that long, like was said it's a level two, who knows if a higher level emergency wasn't going on at the time. The thief was long gone, and there were other people there in case he came back.

Still though, after all of that, it would totally suck having to stay another hour to wait to give your info, and go home. Which I think was the OP's point.

Comment

Quoth Seraphim View Post
                According to our protocols, with a timelapse of less than 20 minutes (which it sounds like from her running to get the plate), description of the suspect and a plate with direction of travel, it's a priority 2, which means we get someone out there as soon as possible.

no matter what the amount taken was.
                Granted.

Seeing as you are on the job, I'd expect you to understand the notion that things aren't always as they seem to the civilians. If there was an Assault in progress/Domestic dispute/Officer down... occuring in the area,...Would you be taking the same frame of mind?

All we have to go on is the victim's POV. Nothing lessens the impact of crime. But methinks when there is no immediate danger to the victim, the officers in command have the say in what and who is priority. If that comes into question later on, that is the REASON for the massive amounts of paperwork and documention.

No?

Comment

Heh, in an urge to resist giving too much information out, I'm gonna say this. Rereading the story, it looks like there was no weapon, which drops the call to a strong arm robbery just occurred, priority 3. Assumingly there was an assault in progress (priority 2), domestic in progress (priority 2), or officer down (priority 1) going on the wait would be understandable. Sorry if it sounded like I was arguing, but from the info I gathered from the story, it would've been called in as a strong arm robbery in progress (priority 1), and would've been sent immediately, no questions asked.

Gotta think about it from all angles... I just directly went into "gotta get info" mode... damn this job! haha

Comment

Hey guys, don't go all cranky on my account. I don't mind that it took so long for an officer to arrive. It's Memorial Day weekend and most the local PD was out making sure the drunks are in order.

This was a crime of opportunity. I just really wanted to go home afterwards, that's all.

Good ol' Seraphim and Crazeyal, you two know I adore ya, right?
                    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

*sniffsniff* I feel so loved!

Comment

Quoth Seraphim View Post
                        *sniffsniff* I feel so loved!
                        *hugs!!!!!*

Comment

Hey..

I've been hit by "the staff" several times. I know when to calm down. That wasn't an arguement, it was simply information passing. We don't do arguements here.

Thanks for the love hon.

I don't think you deserve anything less than 10 second response and Batman being dispatched...

I was just saying that it isn't feasable most times...

Comment

Y'hear that EQ? We're givin' ya the goddamn BATMAN!

In all seriousness though, A) sorry I didn't catch this thread until now and B) *belated cyber hugs* for having to go through that.

Here's a cookie (or several) for you too!
                            Your true character is who you are when no one is looking.
                            --Unknown

Comment

I'm so glad I haven't had the "pleasure" of this. I'm also glad he didn't pull a weapon on you.
                              wouldn't lube work better in a f***ing machine?
                              ----
                              Yes, that’s right. It’s a pair of gold foil headphones. Gold foil. Finally, headphones just as awful as your taste in music.

Comment

Glad you are ok... BUT...

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                                I doubt they'll catch the guy but if he stole from another business last night, they'll know it was him and they'll be back for my security tapes then.
                                Why wouldnt they take the tapes now so they have a photo/video of the guy?

And....

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                                The cops showed up over an HOUR after I called 911 (gee, thanks Emergency)
                                Sounds like the city police around here...

Comment

Working...
                                X