This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need plushie squeeze switch

Lots of you here are crafty... I am hoping one of you can point me in the right direction

The ear-switch in my daughter's Jingle dog plushie failed. Fixing it will be a right pain, as the copper contacts in it have pulled off of the circuit board, and there is not much left to work with. I'd *much* rather just use a new switch. So if any one can suggest a source for a new switch, I'd appreciate it. The switch is about the size of a dime, and gets sewn into the ear.

Thank you all!
    Last edited by It's me; 12-25-2012, 11:08 PM.
    There's no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Pressure-Sensor-Matrix/
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Or take it into an electronics-hobbyist shop, and show the people at the counter. Most of them are electronics-hobbyists themselves - like at fabric stores, the good ones try to hire people who actually use the stuff.
      Seshat's self-help guide:
      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Thanks guys!

The fabric switch is rather neat!

Comment

Jingle

Is this Hallmark's Jingle? From last year? Because they'll let you exchange for the new version (2.0, with CD!) if you got one of the faulty ones.

Comment

A couple months ago, at Dollarama I saw LED flashlights that had a "demo" switch on the packaging. That's pretty much the same thing (squeeze to turn it on) that you're describing, and if it doesn't work out, it's cheap and you get a flashlight thrown in with the switch.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

As always you guys come through!

Yes, it is a Jingle. I wasn't thinking I could exchange it.... the trick with that may be dealing with my daughter being attached to HER Jingle.

Dollarama is a great idea... there must me all sorts of left-over-from-Christmas things with demo switches.

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
              X