This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh [zombie] deer!

Also could be called “why automatic doors are a bad thing to have during a zombie apocalypse”... but I felt that was too long so I made a bad joke.

So there’s a lady who likes to buy food to feed the deer in her area. Not a problem when she fed them at home. Shits given were exactly zero. Not that the deer need feeding here because there are so damn many if they were less ‘cute’ they would be called a plague rather then just a menace.

Now, did you here about the zombie deer problem in the states?

You can guess where this is going. It’s no longer just the states apparently.

Little old lady decided she was going to feed them in the green strip between the parking lot and the road since it’s so close to her house but not THAT close ya know? And she was trying to grow a garden this year and don’t you know the deer were eating her plants! (As deer tend to do)

But the deer that she had been going to feed weren’t her usual and she came into the store to tell us there was something ‘off’ about the deer.

Twenty minutes later the deer decided tell us themselves...

Did I mention the deer look like this (warning kinda creepy? Not graphic in the sense of bloody or open wounds but still graphic and NSFW) -> https://images.app.goo.gl/t4Kws9qUQEiiYUg39 (disclaimer because I have no faith in humanity figuring this out on their own: image from the google gods and is not my own)

Thus we were forced to close and people were called and came and done shit that I don’t know because I went home. I only want to play with zombies if it’s post apocalyptic scenario and I have an valid get out of jail card for shooting them.

But we were opened the next day!
    Last edited by AkaiKitsune; 04-27-2019, 12:29 PM. Reason: Link fixing
    Don’t worry about what I’m up to. Worry about why you are worried about what I’m up to.

Even if they aren't zombies, deer really aren't that great to have around. Their hooves are very sharp and their instinctual wiring isn't readily predictable. People are killed by deer every year.

Comment

That link is not working for me. By examining the URL it tried to send me to, I was able to extract the keywords "chronic wasting disease".
      Last edited by Mental_Mouse; 04-27-2019, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Quoth Mental_Mouse View Post
        That link is not working for me.
        Followed it to a Reddit thread, where the top comment mentioned that it's most likely cervid papilloma virus and not CWD.

Also, oh deer, that video...

Comment

Wild animals don't need feeding----.
          AkaiKitsune
          Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Quoth Rosco the Iroc View Post
            Wild animals don't need feeding----.
            Except some of them to !!ME!!
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

You could (theoretically) get fined for feeding deer, raccoons, and squirrels in my town. Not sure if this is being enforced, but I suppose if some random lady was standing right by the street feeding them they might decide to hand out a fine in that case... Deer are pests.
              Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Here in my AO if TWRA catches you intentionally feeding wildlife they'll first warn then ticket you several times with the punishments increasing. There are some whitetail deer that feed with my cattle on occasion.
                Fed wild critters will eventually get aggressive and have to be put down, especially so with bear, racoons and deer.
                Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

Quoth Tanasi View Post
                  Bow down before me for I am ROOT.
                  Wouldn't your signature be more relevent these days if it read, "Bow down before me for I am GROOT".

If you don't get it, go watch Guardians of the Galaxy.
                  "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                    Wouldn't your signature be more relevent these days if it read, "Bow down before me for I am GROOT".

If you don't get it, go watch Guardians of the Galaxy.
                    rm *'Ironclad Alibi'* -r
                    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                      Quoth dalesys View Post
                      rm *'Ironclad Alibi'* -r
                      Yeah, that's about what I expected to see.
                      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
                      X