This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Mondestrucken View Post
    I just knew it was too good to be true. That was in Buffalo, NY, in the late 70's when I heard it, so it's been around a while.

Edited to add: At the time I believed it. But over time, I have learned that the stories with the perfect endings are usually urban legends.
    In Denmark it has been tradition for many centuries that a stingy contractor gets a "dead bricklayer" (død murer). It is a bottle placed in the wall or chimney to make ghostly noises when the wind is in the right corner. This picture, from the Danish version of Wikipedia, shows a dead bricklayer in a church tower in Elsinore. Third row from the bottom, a little left of the middle .

Comment

I wonder if the same goes for website developers. I've been paid by one client with only $220 and a Palm Pilot. It was only after much badgering that I got the full $400.

Good thing for him that I don't believe in doing harm to others, though.
      cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Quoth cindybubbles View Post
        I wonder if the same goes for website developers. I've been paid by one client with only $220 and a Palm Pilot. It was only after much badgering that I got the full $400.

Good thing for him that I don't believe in doing harm to others, though.
        In a lot of software, that precaution is called a product key.
        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

I work at a truck stop, and we call each other when we have difficult customers who don't like prepay and threaten to go elsewhere. It's pretty funny to watch people who freak out over prepay, go somewhere else, and then realize that that place is prepay as well.

Comment

Working...
          X