Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What part of "I don't care" don't you understand?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What part of "I don't care" don't you understand?

As with the vast majority of my jobs, the move co-ordinator is clueless and doesn't know how to do his job. We're moving some stuff back from storage and he hadn't properly labelled the items to make the move back easy. As well, he hasn't properly researched things to make up for that mistake. Instead, he just took some wild guesses and hoped that he marked things for the right office. I'm stressed out to the max on this job courtesy of the unrealistic timeline that the boss set for the job (but that's a whole separate MiM post). The bottom line is that I don't have time to hold anyone's hand and teach them how to do their job.

We're pulling the furniture for one office and I see that it's two separate pieces of furniture. He has no idea which is which, so I take a closer look and see that one unit is a nice easy two piece that's complete, the other is a multi-piece monstrosoty that looks damaged and is missing many parts, it cannot be built in it's present condition. He makes a snap decision to go with the only furniture that will work and he'll see if he can find all the other parts later.

So off I go with my nice easy desk. I drop it in the office and the end user begins to attack me:

SC: This isn't my desk
    Me: Oh, well...
    SC: This isn't my desk, this isn't my desk, my desk had the keyboard tray on the other side and...
    Me: Okay, ....
    SC: But this isn't my desk, where are the other parts, how to they connect, I had a top on the top part here and the keyboard tray wasn't there, this isn't my desk.
    Me: Okay, it sounds like what you're describing is another unit that was damaged and missing parts. We can't build that one right now so we're using this one temporarily.
    SC: But this isn't my desk, my desk had a shelf and the keyboard tray in a different spot and I think it went the other way, this isn't my desk, don't put it together.
    Me: Okay, you can speak to the move co-ordinator if you don't want to listen to me, but as I said this is the one that has been allocated for you temporarily until your proper desk can be found.
    SC: But this isn't my desk, it's not my desk, don't put it together, you'll just have to take it out, it's not my desk... look, he's just putting it together, it's not my desk, he's putting the wrong desk in
    Me: Since you're not listening to me, take it up with the move co-ordinator. I have a job to do, thank you.
    SC: That's not my desk, he's just putting the wrong desk in even though I told him not to. I told him it's the wrong desk and he's just putting it in.

This kept on going as I finished off the desk and left the office.

On to the next office, not even one that this woman is in but I have to walk past her.

SC: That's not the right desk for her office....
    Me: It's the one the move co-ordinator has allocated for this office. The label on the desk matches the label on the door, that means it's the one for this office.
    SC: But that's not the right desk, don't go in there, it's the wrong desk, excuse me sweet cheeks
    Me: If there is a problem, it has to be routed through the move co-ordinator, and by the way, that is sexual harrasment.
    SC: That's not the right desk, it won't even fit, it's not the desk she had before....

This carried on as I tuned it out. I started polite and professional with this woman, but when she chose to completely ignore what I was telling her and just go into an endless loop, screw her, I'm doing the job I'm supposed to do.
    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
    Quoth = Crossbow "EvilHomer, Irv, Gravekeeper, and Seraph: the Four Horsemen of the Dumbpocalypse."

I totally read the SC's ramblings in Milton Waddams's voice.

BRB, looking for my red Swingline.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
      Holy crap, I was about to reply with the same exact thing! The only thing missing was his vow to set the building on fire.
      Fiancee: We're going to need to do laundry. I'm out of clean pants.
      Me: Sounds like a job for Gravekeeper!
      Fiancee: What?!
      Me: Nevermind.

Comment

Quoth patiokitty View Post
        Have you seen my stapler desk?
        Fixed it for you.

Comment

Oh I wish it were his voice. Instead she had this loud voice going so that everyone in the office could hear about the mistake I was making.

BTW, it was a red desk that she was looking for. She wants a red desk, had a red desk, so she wants the red desk, looking for her red desk
          D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
          Quoth = Crossbow "EvilHomer, Irv, Gravekeeper, and Seraph: the Four Horsemen of the Dumbpocalypse."

Comment

+1 to the Milton Waddams comments.

/actually have a red swingline at the house.
            http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/61b7/

Comment

My desk used to be by the window and I could see the squirrels and they were married...

Quoth patiokitty View Post
              Swingline staplers are made of awesome - I have a burgundy one that I love. I really wanted a red one but burgundy was the closest I could find. I may have to order myself a red one now...

Swingline never actually produced a red stapler (it was made for the movie by the art department) but the demand was so great after Office Space that they added the model.
              Last edited by EricKei; 08-05-2014, 08:37 PM. Reason: merged consecutive posts

Comment

Quoth evilhomer View Post
                SC: But this isn't my desk, it's not my desk, don't put it together, you'll just have to take it out, it's not my desk... look, he's just putting it together, it's not my desk, he's putting the wrong desk in
                Me: Since you're not listening to me, take it up with the move co-ordinator. I have a job to do, thank you.
                SC: That's not my desk, he's just putting the wrong desk in even though I told him not to. I told him it's the wrong desk and he's just putting it in.
                I think I would've lost it around the fifth "this isn't my desk", opened up his head and checked if his needle was stuck. If people would listen to and follow instructions rather than repeat themselves over and over ad nauseum, they might get the information they need and maybe even get what they want. If this idiot had listened to you and gone to the move coordinator, he might have gotten his desk back.
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I was getting more of a Rain Man vibe, but I can see the Milton in it. I guess I didn't think she was being meek enough to really be Milton
                  This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                  I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth evilhomer View Post
                    Oh I wish it were his voice. Instead she had this loud voice going so that everyone in the office could hear about the mistake I was making.

BTW, it was a red desk that she was looking for. She wants a red desk, had a red desk, so she wants the red desk, looking for her red desk
                    Sound like she had a case of the Mondays.
                    "First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

Comment

sometimes you just want to tell someone to stop talking, and start listening

Comment

I got kind of a mentally-ill vibe from it, like maybe there's some sort of autism involved or something.
                        Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Quoth otakuneko View Post
                          I got kind of a mentally-ill vibe from it, like maybe there's some sort of autism involved or something.
                          On the plus side, she may now be fast tracked to a management position.
                          "First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

Comment

After that exchange, being a marital arts aficionado, I'd be having visions of powerbombing that annoying woman right THROUGH that desk.
                            "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth otakuneko View Post
                              My vibe was just somebody who isn't used to not getting her own way. I stood up to her instead of jumping up and barking at her command. It blew a fuse in her brain and got her onto her Rain Man loop.
                              D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Comment

Working...
                              X