Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You're Drunky! D-R-U-N-K-Y, and you Ain't got no Alibi!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're Drunky! D-R-U-N-K-Y, and you Ain't got no Alibi!

So don't call us when you wipe out.

We will not be an accessory after-the-fact for your felony.

(and why is almost always, without fail, a guy in a Subaru WRX who does this?)

It was also probably the most poorly disguised attempt at such in a while because:

1. The call came in at 11:40pm

2. The location given was "the 700 block of Yahoo Hill Road, just after the bridge" a stretch of road with a notoriously tight and negatively-banked hairpin immediately after a bridge that can ramp you if you go too fast. This is a turn that gets it's fair share of accidents, even with lots of warning signs.

It's insideous, because the degree of it changes halfway through. It starts out gentle... and you think "I got this" , and at the apex, it TIGHTENS and turns even harder.

The drunk, the drowsy and the inattentive don't notice this, until they see the wall of grass and dirt coming at them..... and soaring up the embankment they go, like an Eagle. An Eagle who's had a few.

3. The guy asked that we "hurry" Nobody with a local breakdown along a dinky little rural road ever requests we hurry, it's assumed we'll respond with due rapidity as-is, they know they're not far from home, and it's more of an inconvenience than an emergency. People saying we hurry is a big red flag, in this regard.

We quoted him the price, he accepted, and we dispatched our driver. No sooner had he pulled clear of the gates than the other driver turned to me and said:

"Bet he was drunk, and wrecked"

"Probably" I concur

Five minutes later, the phone rings again. It's the cops. They're requesting one wrecker at the 700 block of Yahoo Hill Road, just after the bridge, for an accident.

Other driver and I look at each other and try to stifle laughing as we tell the cops our ETA on that one is "two minutes" since our driver should be there any second as it is.

And he does get on scene in two additional minutes where he finds a Subaru WRX up the aforementioned embankment, rolled over on it's driver's side, with grass, pine needles, and tree bark stuck in between every single body panel.

Somehow, the customer forgot to mention to us on the phone that it wasn't really a conventional breakdown... but hey, any car would call it quits after a roll-over. There literally wasn't a straight piece of sheet metal left on the whole thing. Must've crawled out through the sunroof, just lucky to be alive and uninjured.

The cops, who were called to the scene by a person driving BEHIND him who saw him go off the road, already deduced what we'd deduced and given him a field sobriety check, which he'd failed. (Driver fessed up he'd been drinking, and said he was doing okay, until he tried to fish that second cheeseburger out of the McD's bag, taking your eyes off the road for 10 seconds, while hammered, is a supper-bad idea kids)

OUR driver found the burger amongst the debris trail from trees to road while sweeping up.

The price for this just went up, now it's not a tow, it's wreck rates, and your insurance probably won't cover that, seeing as you were DUI.

In this day and age, where everyone's got a cellphone, you no longer have the luxury of only having to look around for cop cars when you drunkenly turn your car into an abstract art display.... at best, you have 60 seconds before the next car that comes along sees you and the concerned citizen behind the wheel calls you in.....

Just take yer medicine, and don't try and make us accomplices, it wouldn't have worked anyway....
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Self-pwnage, just lucky he didn't take anyone with him. I'm surprised he didn't go looking for the burger himself!
    This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
    I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

In his head: SUGOI DURIFTO!

In reality: oops.

Shoulda had a Corolla.
      Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

The image of finding the burger he was so determined to grab in the trail of debris just made my day. I'm just picturing this field of twisted metal, with my sights focused on this innocent burger which was at least a small part of the cause of the accident (ignoring the much greater cause which is a tad more serious matter).
        Fiancee: We're going to need to do laundry. I'm out of clean pants.
        Me: Sounds like a job for Gravekeeper!
        Fiancee: What?!
        Me: Nevermind.

Comment

GO TO JAIL. GO DIRECTLY TO JAIL. DO NOT PASS GO. DO NOT COLLECT $200.

Did he go to jail for DUI? Hope so. Having had a friend killed by a drunk driver, this is a pet peeve of mine. I'm glad the guy wasn't hurt & didn't manage to kill someone else with his selfishness. Sorry...don't mean to be Debbie Downer.

OTOH, I'm at the thought of the cheeseburger.
          Here Mr Customer, let me pull that out of my arse for you!

Comment

And of course, law of inverse value...drunk is uninjured. If he'd been a guy working two jobs who fell asleep and flipped you can bet he'd be mangled...
            My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Did he eat the burger, or was it all full of pine needles and safety glass bits?

Comment

Being that it was from McD's, pine needles and safety glass would be an improvement.
                Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

TAKE THAT!
                  - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Dammit, Arga! I read the title, and I started imagining pretty cheerleaders dancing around. Then I read it was you posting it, and I started imagining Cooter from the Dukes of Hazard dancing around in a cheerleader outfit. I did NOT need that mental image.

Comment

I think this is something like the third story you're posted about drunks wanting you to tow them before the cops arrive and figure out the plainly obvious.

I wish these people would get this smart _before_ getting behind the wheel drunk than afterwards...

Comment

Too bad the guy didn't have a horse outside...

;-)
                        Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
                          We will not be an accessory after-the-fact for your felony.
                          Unfortuantely, there are those with access to tow trucks who will be. I don't emphasize it in this thread reply, but there was quite the little hide and seek before I went downstairs with my camera. The first vehicle on the scene was a tow truck, which ducked down an adjacent alley several times before apparently deciding there wasn't gonna be a few minutes with no one around (Gee, on a major feeder in Chicago, ya think?) in which to (presumably) cart off the evidence. Whether as a favor or for hire, I'll never know.

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
                            Too bad the guy didn't have a horse outside...

;-)
                            Like this?
                            http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ljPFZrRD3J8

Edit: forgot to mention totally NSFW

Comment

Quoth Mriswith View Post
                              Dammit, Arga! I read the title, and I started imagining pretty cheerleaders dancing around. Then I read it was you posting it, and I started imagining Cooter from the Dukes of Hazard dancing around in a cheerleader outfit. I did NOT need that mental image.
                              So WHY did you decide to inflict it on the rest of us?

Comment

Working...
                              X