Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The other night a bunch of customers walked in at the same time. Well all of a sudden I smelt pure skunk. Like Pepe Le Pew skunk. I blurted OK which one of ya'll hit a skunk on the way in? Everybody just laughed it off. Well this guy came in a few minutes ago and he asked me if I ever found out who hit the skunk. I said no, was it you? Yeah it was him. He had busted a bag of reefer in his pocket and that's what I was smelling.

Comment

I'm glad I don't have some of your coworkers. I'm pretty sensitive to perfumes and cleaners. Not allergic per se, but the smell of strong lotions just bother me and some cleaners will make me cough. Fortunately most of my coworkers are aware and hold themselves back. And the two who like the strong lotion smell are in the next room. If I enter for something, I can usually scuttle back out quickly.

*sigh* I hate being sensitive to smells. I'd love to walk down a store detergent isle without wanting to gag.
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

most purfume-y smells don't bother me, but there is one... omg it almost gags me every time, it smells (to me) like someone would think it was a good idea to mix black pepper and musk, and then roll around in it.. every time i smell it it's ALWAYS very strong, and i can barely breathe...

Comment

Quoth xxscooterxx View Post
          He had busted a bag of reefer in his pocket and that's what I was smelling.
          ThermoKing, or Carrier TransCold?
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

We have a regular customer who works at one of the department stores. She looks to be close to 80. Whatever she wears just makes me gag; I think it's Youth Dew.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

So here's my story.

Years ago, when I was first looking to get married, I was on a "shidduch" date. (This is an Orthodox Jewish thing, when you're actively looking for someone to marry; the first date usually is to a restaurant.) As I was driving her home from the restaurant, I gradually became aware of this odor. I thought it was her perfume, but I didn't say anything. It get getting stronger and stronger, but I still didn't say anything... by the time I dropped her off, it was nearly overpowering.

We didn't go out again.

Before the date, I'd folded down the back seat in my venerable S-10 Blazer. When I got home, I unfolded it . . . and found an aerosol can of Lysol, which had got punctured when I'd folded the seat on it.

I wonder if she thought that was my cologne, or something.

Quoth South Texan View Post
              . She gave me a very odd look in response, and after an awkward silence, stated bluntly that she was not wearing makeup that day. I wanted to crawl into a hole.
              I don't know... if I was female, I'd take this as the greatest compliment ever. That I looked so good au naturel, that there's no possible room for improvement with makeup, like gilding lilies.

Of course it could also be looked at as a slur on her makeup skills, but honestly I don't see it that way, and when I asked the Better Half just now she concurred.
              Last edited by Shalom; 08-17-2014, 04:36 PM. Reason: added comment on South Texan's post

Comment

Working...
              X