This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Umm... (and now with pictures)

My Giveadamn broke today. As did my brain. I'll keep these short but I figured you'd all have a snicker or two at my expense. I know I found it hilarious AFTER.

Names, genders, accents, blah blah they've all been changed to protect the stupid. The only thing that has not been changed is a) situation and b) yours truly

But its not fair

D: so,my cable's turned off. Everything's turn off. Why?
    Me: Judging by your account, I see that you've been soft disconnected due to non pay. Per the notes here on the account, Customer Service (henceforth, CS) would like a payment of $150 to turn on services. I'd be more than happy to honor that price if you'd like if you can make a payment today... usually we collect half of what's owed here at technical support.
    D: but why is everythign shut off! Usually I get some time to make a payment.
    m: -looks at account- well, I see that we did have a promise to pay set up for 8/15, today is the 18th so services got shut off due to non pay. We can still restore the services with a payment today, though.
    d: but that's ridiculous, I usually have time to make a payment!
    m: which you did... you had a PTP set up since 8/1 for the 15th of this month and you missed it by three days.
    d: but I just got a call about it today.
    m: because you made arrangement LAST time you made a payment on the 1st. We gave you an additional two weeks to make a payment.
    d: that's just not fair, I usually make arrangements.
    m: sir, you did have an arrangement, which you broke.
    d: I'll make a $50 payment, which is what I made the promise to pay for.
    m: Ah, so you did make a payment arrangement, which you missed... so now it would be $150.
    d: this is ridiculous! I WANT TO ONLY PAY $50 and set a ptp for the rest.
    m: I'll have to get you in touch with CS. Please hold!

I checked later. Yeah, she didn't make a payment and threatened to cancel service. -cough- she lives in the one city we have a monopoly....

Timelord, I am not.

also, I add the pictures because words cannot express my feelings right now.

Guy had a legitimate complaint. His service kept cutting off randomly through out the day leaving him without his voip phone. Since he called so late in the day, I couldn't do a same day appointment. Call went something like this. I'm paraphrasing as we had the same conversation for about fifteen minutes:

m: I can't send a guy out tonight since its almost 8pm and our techs leave the field at that time.I can do tomorrow!
    d: I can't, I'll be out all day.
    m: how about Wed?
    d: that's too long to go without service! There's something you should be able to do.
    m: I'm sorry, there's not much I can do. I dont' have anyone to send out today, and you wont' be there tomorrow so next available would be Wednesday.
    d: but its too long to go without service!
    m: I do apologize. But its so late today, a Monday. You won't be there Tuesday so I can send someone on Wednesday.
    d: its JUST TOO LONG TO GO WITHOUT SERVICE!
    m: -confused- ....I do understand, and I'm trying to work something out with the time I have available. Are you sure there wont' be anyone 18 yo or older at your home tomorrow?
    d: NO
    m: then I would have to do Wednesday.
    d: that won't work! Its too long without service!
    m: >:V Sir, today is Monday.
    d: yeah.
    m: tomorrow is Tuesday.
    d: mmhmm.
    m: and you won't be there tomorrow, Tuesday.
    d: I said that already.
    m: and the day after that is Wwwweeeeedddneeessdaay
    d: yeah.
    m: right.
    d: I don't get it.
    m:
    d: hello, you still there?
    m: Yeah.. its.. okay, today is 8/18, tomorrow, tuesday, would be the 19th.
    d: Yes. where are you going with this.
    m: I'm talking about Wednesday the 20th of August. That's two days from today.
    d: Its too logn to go without service.
    m: So what do you propose we do?
    d: How about THURSDAY?!
    m: You sure you want your appointment on Thursday?
    d: Yeah, lets do Thursday.
    m: Alright, I'll set up your appointment for THURSDAY, august 21st. That is three days from now
    d: thank you!
    "The problem isn't usually that there are stupid people in the world as much as it is that the stupid people like to call or come in and point out how stupid they are to the working public" -Justa

Two days is too long, but three isn't? Idiot is too stupid to own a T.A.R.D.I.S.!
    I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

Quoth Captain Trips View Post
      Idiot is too stupid to own a T.A.R.D.I.S.!
      No, he owns a reTARDIS (his brain)

Comment

Quoth gerund View Post
        No, he owns a reTARDIS (his brain)
        You, sir, are freaking hilarious and dead on point.
        No ma'am. I'm sorry, I cannot control the temperature. We're in hell, that's why.

Comment

I'm off the next few days -- maybe more depending on what my doc says -- but I'm willing to bet he'll call in on Wednesday pissed off that no one's there to fix his little problem. ~.~
          "The problem isn't usually that there are stupid people in the world as much as it is that the stupid people like to call or come in and point out how stupid they are to the working public" -Justa

Comment

They are getting stupider and stupider, God help us all!
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

If they guy wasn't going to be around the next day it wouldn't matter if he had service. And maybe as a courtesy (but not as a given) the guy could've been put at the top of the list for Wednesday Beyond that I don't get his logic.
              I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

Quoth Trixie View Post
                If they guy wasn't going to be around the next day it wouldn't matter if he had service. And maybe as a courtesy (but not as a given) the guy could've been put at the top of the list for Wednesday Beyond that I don't get his logic.
                Honestly, I even went as far as asking him if he would have a range of time when he'd be home, like say am or pm to see if I could work something else. He flat out refused to work with me and say 'its too long of a window' and 'i won't be home all day'.. I was willing to even go as far as contact my dispatch team and see if we could workign something out around HIS schedule but nooo... he was being obstinate.

Comment

Yeah, I should know better than to try to figure out how people think the way they do. Sometimes it just doesn't make sense no matter how hard you try.
                  I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

I can't help myself sometimes. I'm a recovering Common Sensist..

Comment

You have my deepest sympathy and some drink of your choice.

Saw this all the time at MW repair and just as crazy train as that. You'd think it'd kill them to just ask outright for that day, rather than trying to "steer" you to it. Especially when the "excuses" were so crazy as to make you want to open the top of your head and give your brain a good scratching.

My favorite was always in emergency repairs, like fridges and freezers dying.. or A/C going out.

Me: I can fit you in today, if that's okay. (Fridge out, considered emergency call.)
                      Confusing Twit: Umm... no. No one is home right now.
                      Me: I can get you in for tomorrow.
                      CT: Oh, no. That's too long a wait!
                      Me: (Wait, what?!) Okay.. when would be the best time for you?
                      CT: How about day after tomorrow?
                      Me: (No Brain OS found, Abort, Retry, Fail?) Oooookkkkaaaay, we can do it for day after tomorrow. I've got you in for that day.

I did hope the customer had a backup plan for all their food in that fridge, because if tomorrow is too long a wait, imagine what day after tomorrow is gonna be like!
                      If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

My Giveadamn broke today
                        This made me laugh so hard....Mine, too *sigh*

I'm going to put that on a sign at my desk.
                        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth raudf View Post
                          You have my deepest sympathy and some drink of your choice.

Saw this all the time at MW repair and just as crazy train as that. You'd think it'd kill them to just ask outright for that day, rather than trying to "steer" you to it. Especially when the "excuses" were so crazy as to make you want to open the top of your head and give your brain a good scratching.

My favorite was always in emergency repairs, like fridges and freezers dying.. or A/C going out.

Me: I can fit you in today, if that's okay. (Fridge out, considered emergency call.)
                          Confusing Twit: Umm... no. No one is home right now.
                          Me: I can get you in for tomorrow.
                          CT: Oh, no. That's too long a wait!
                          Me: (Wait, what?!) Okay.. when would be the best time for you?
                          CT: How about day after tomorrow?
                          Me: (No Brain OS found, Abort, Retry, Fail?) Oooookkkkaaaay, we can do it for day after tomorrow. I've got you in for that day.

I did hope the customer had a backup plan for all their food in that fridge, because if tomorrow is too long a wait, imagine what day after tomorrow is gonna be like!
                          yes, that's exactly how I felt.

And its partially my fault that I tried to make him see his 'fix' wasn't as quick as he thought it was. I should have just shut my mouth and said 'okay!' to save myself a good fifteen minutes. But oh well.

Just like the lady I was trying to process the payment she WANTED me to process but wouldnt' stop whining and complaining the whole time. I put her on hold to speak to Bossman and she hung up on me (or maybe the call dropped, I don't know). I couldn't call her back because a) we had another outage and calls were just coming in too fast and b) she never answered her phone. It was also too late to try again later.

Comment

What the heck?! Has this guy been to school or at least lived a week in his life? Wow there is so much stupid in the world!
                            How have I not killed anyone yet?

Comment

OK, gotta ask . . . .

does d: stand for dickhead or dumbass
                              They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Working...
                              X