Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Customers say the darnest things........

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahh. Now. I'm good with trivia.... for the most part. But I'm better with numbers than people. I can look at a customer's purchase and give them a total with tax before I finish ringing it up. Can I tell you their name or give a description? Umm. No. This freaks most customers out, which makes being number smart incredibly hilarious.
    No ma'am. I'm sorry, I cannot control the temperature. We're in hell, that's why.

Comment

Ah, another customer gets the Plankton78 treatment.
      There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.

Comment

Oh yes. My big mouth gets me into all sorts of trouble. I never think before I speak. I'm covered this time, only because I wasn't on the clock.
        No ma'am. I'm sorry, I cannot control the temperature. We're in hell, that's why.

Comment

You should be covered not because you weren't on the clock but because she was rude and self-absorbed. How can one not notice cut-off sweats and crutches and a huge bandage??
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Not just a huge bandaid, but my entire calf was wrapped with those long fabric bandages. Definitely not somethingto miss .

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
              You should be covered not because you weren't on the clock but because she was rude and self-absorbed. How can one not notice cut-off sweats and crutches and a huge bandage??
              You answered your own question Food Lady. She didn't see it because she was entirely self-absorbed, and of course anyone she encounters exists at all for the sole purpose of bowing to her every whim and isn't really human.
              You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Just wanted to say, if she did complain about you, you could respond that she was verbally attacking a disabled person. (I know it's temporary) I mean, that's not much of a stretch, is it? Corporate will always go with the option least likely to get them sued...
                Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

I had the exact same thing (except without the leg) happen to me. I had had major surgery (gallbladder removal, but instead of it being done as a lap, I endured a huge seven inch cut with over forty staples in my side). I was off work, but came in, my husband holding my arm, to get myself some ginger ale to calm an angry stomach. One of our regulars starts bitching about how I'm not behind the counter and I should be and blah blah blah. My husband turns on his heel, spins me around, pulls up my shirt and shows them where the staples and the drain are.

Husband: Are you fucking crazy!? She's got forty staples in her, a drain that's still leaking, and you want her to ring you up some fucking cigarettes because you don't want to wait in line!? Fuck you!

I honestly think he could have handled it a bit better, but it was pretty funny to see someone get squeamish from seeing that.

Comment

Quoth Halo_miles View Post
                    Husband: Are you fucking crazy!? She's got forty staples in her, a drain that's still leaking, and you want her to ring you up some fucking cigarettes because you don't want to wait in line!? Fuck you!

I honestly think he could have handled it a bit better, but it was pretty funny to see someone get squeamish from seeing that.
                    SC: You...you mean that cashiers are actual human beings who get injured and sick?! They're not robots programmed to cater to my every whim? But...that can't be! That means I'll have to treat them with decency! The horror!

Wow, that surgery sounds nasty. I hope you healed well from it.
                    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                    My LiveJournal
                    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I did. I finished my 21st surgery last year, and I'm pleased to say that there doesn't appear to be anything out of the ordinary. I'm missing a few parts (some stomach muscle, a gall bladder etc), some added stuff (two layers of gore tex mesh), and quite the story to tell people. It's not to say that it won't affect me for the rest of my life; I still have nightmares, I'm not as flexible as I used to be, or as strong. But I'm alive.

Comment

Quoth Plankton78 View Post
                        My clusmy self ran into a register counter at work and I accidentally cut myself. I had to have minor surgery on it to remove some metal bits and dirt and fight the infection. It was fine for a while but the past few days, it's been hurting and swelling again. I went back to the doctor and apparently it got infected again. This time, I had major surgery and the doctor found two more pieces of metal deeper in the calf.
                        Holy shit! This from a register counter?? I wish you well healing. Being in pain sucks. Being in pain and at work is hell.
                        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth Halo_miles View Post
                          I did. I finished my 21st surgery last year, and I'm pleased to say that there doesn't appear to be anything out of the ordinary. I'm missing a few parts (some stomach muscle, a gall bladder etc), some added stuff (two layers of gore tex mesh), and quite the story to tell people. It's not to say that it won't affect me for the rest of my life; I still have nightmares, I'm not as flexible as I used to be, or as strong. But I'm alive.
                          And that's the best thing to be grateful for. I'm glad they found the bigger pieces of metal in my leg before anything serious happened.

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
                            Holy shit! This from a register counter?? I wish you well healing. Being in pain sucks. Being in pain and at work is hell.
                            Yup. I hit the corner of it not paying attention and rushing to the register and boom! Cut me right across the middle of my calf. Very painful. The old counter is also falling apart so I got metal bits in the wound pretty deeply. But I'm still on paid vacation (I had two weeks saved up of unpaid but my DM is awesome) and my job is happily (ha) paying for all my medical bills. I'm finally off the crutches, still limping but moving, and should be able to go back to work Friday or Monday depending on the pain levels.

Comment

Working...
                            X