This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My work paid off!

So long story short, there was a tender that we put in a bid for (basically <company> wanted someone to handle all their training, each round had 5-6 different courses). This was the third round of tenders that we'd applied for in this specific place and so far, out of the 3 rounds, we'd only gotten the tender for 1 course. (This wasn't an all-or-nothing scenario, <company> could choose to split the tender between a few different colleges)

Well, today we got the news that not only did we win the third round, but we swept it entirely .

I'm particularly proud because I'd come into this having NO clue how the process worked.

Woohoo! *\o/* <— pom-poms for yoooooou~!

Comment

Nice! Good job!

Comment

Thank y'all.

I should clarify - the tender had some *very* specific requirements, none of which I was familiar with. We ended up having to stick our application on a USB stick and run to the company to drop it off as well

Comment

Good ol' sneakernet ^__^

Congrats!

All this talk of tenders is making me hangry, tho >_>
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
            Good ol' sneakernet ^__^

Congrats!

All this talk of tenders is making me hangry, tho >_>
            Chicken ones I hope.

The kicker was that the company does have an online portal and had encouraged us to send stuff over that way. except that their online portal is slow as fekking molasses and zipped files were not an option. We also accidentally missed an entire folder's worth of stuff during the transfer because they thought it was a brilliant idea to bring the tender due date forward 24 hours (which pissed off a LOT of other folks gunning for the tender and is fair enough).

I've gotten quite good at compressing files recently though

Comment

Working...
            X