Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sucky Customers

Old 02-18-2019, 02:08 PM
Et tu, Pixie?

What mk said. We'll be lucky if they actually use digital photography tech to take the pictures (rather than the old-school folding cams).
"I donít know what English did to you or your family, but I cannot in good conscience sit here and watch you do this to it. You sir, are a monster." ~ Gravekeeper

"Don't weep for the stupid; you'll be crying all day!" - Fr. Anderson, Hellsing Ultimate: Abridged

Old 02-18-2019, 05:19 PM
Chairman of the Board

Quote:
Quoth dakhur View Post
One of the Australian states is talking about trialing digital licenses. So that's going to make having a night out interesting for some people when they go out.

Dakhur
Beyond the black stump, breeding the finest in combat wombats

Thatís when theyíll start the ďmy ID is on my phone but Iím out of charge or WiFi isnít working, etc.Ē

Old 02-18-2019, 06:55 PM
Cashier

I've taken ID when a customer showed me a picture of his passport on his phone, once. But, I vaguely recognised him as someone I'd served before with proper ID, and the pic/name confirmed it. But then, as night shift, I tend to see the same people over and over, so if I've seen your ID once or twice I'm not going to bother to check again!

Old 02-18-2019, 07:34 PM
Assistant Manager

Quote:
Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
Next time they offer you a picture of an ID, you could always offer them a picture of the alcohol they're trying to buy.
I wish I'd been on the ball enough to have suggested she take a picture of the beer. After all, in her own words, a picture's as good as the real thing, right?

Old 02-18-2019, 08:23 PM
Chairman of the Board

Quote:
Quoth CyberLurch View Post
I wish I'd been on the ball enough to have suggested she take a picture of the beer. After all, in her own words, a picture's as good as the real thing, right?
Only if they give you a picture of the money.

Old 02-19-2019, 12:18 AM
Paleontologist

Kinda like the delaminated, mostly white, chewed in half with doggy tooth marks ID someone tried to give me once for cigarettes. Or the guy who tried to give me a prison ID.

Or the trio of tweenage idiots who could only show me 1 ID for the three of them, came back in later to try again, and when called out on it a third time, threatened to "pop a cap in [my] ass". I live in a small tourist trap, NOT the city. I laughed them out of the store. Never did see them again.

Old 02-19-2019, 08:31 PM
Retired

You'd regret it a lot more if she was actually underage (suspect that's the case) and you get caught serving her alcohol.

Old 02-20-2019, 12:10 AM
Assistant Manager

Quote:
Quoth CyberLurch View Post
Per the old Chinese tale: The sound of money is the proper price for the smell of food.