This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPS for laptop

I was getting ready to upgrade my Streets & Trips (using 2010 edition), and found out that it's been discontinued. Does anyone have recommendations for route planning/GPS software for a laptop?

I've seen 2 ways to enter an address on a GPS. One way, you enter the city (next screen) enter the street (next screen) enter the house number. The other way (which S&T uses) you enter the address (e.g. "123 Sesame Street"), and it comes up with a list of possible matches (you have the option of re-running the search limiting it to one state/province). I need one that uses the second method - frequently, the city listed in my dispatch instructions is different from the one where the GPS thinks the place is, so with a package that uses the first method I wouldn't be able to enter a customer address.

Another feature that's a "must have" for me is "night mode" (on S&T, the map goes to dark green roads on a black background instead of varying shades of grey (for minor through major roads), tan (freeways), and green (toll roads) on a white background (cuts glare), although I'd prefer one where the other panes also go to "night mode" (on S&T I still get glare from the navigation pane and the menu at the top).

Thanks for this info.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.
Working...
X