This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Videophiles of CS, I need your advice

My Pastor has asked me to look into either wall-mounted cameras and/or camcorders that can be permanently mounted for the purpose of "taping" sermons and such (they post audio logs of the masses on the website, and people have been asking for video, too). Assume that the cam will be focused on where he is 99% of the time, not showing the congregation. Cam would be mounted just below the balcony/choir loft.

His total budget is "up to" $1,500 or so, the cam needs to have audio out of some kind (the preference is to run the video through their mixing station and combine with audio from the existing mic's, unless the cam's mic is a lot better than one would expect for that range).

So, looking for input on ideas of which are good brands to look at, any experience you guys may have setting them up/special concerns, what sort of mounting bracket would be needed that wouldn't be too obtrusive, where to get them for cheap (have checked amazon and newegg) etc.

Grazi

So far, he's looked at a Sony HDRCX900/B and a Canon VIXIA HFG30HD, both around $1,300. That may give you an idea of what he's looking for.

"For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Yay I can help here
    HFG25/30 is a better option over the Sony.

Built in mics on any camera are useless, but the HFGs have an external audio input - TRS 3.5mm jack, so you can get a mix out of the FOH mixer to record audio, or use a directional mic like one of the Rode models

Comment

Working...
    X