Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you please just give me a date and time???????

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you please just give me a date and time???????

I officially moved out Saturday but was done with cleaning the apartment on Thursday. I have been trying to get the keys back to the manager since then. I email him because he's not in the office due to Covid and I don't actually know the phone number he's using aside from the emergency maintenance one. I have put the ball in his court, saying that I can come at the beginning or end of my workday (he couldn't meet me Saturday because he doesn't work weekends). I wrote that while the doors would be re-keyed, I at least had to get the mail key back because as far as I knew, the USPS owns those boxes. And the laundry room key should go back to him. So he responded with saying that no, they are responsible for the mail keys. Yeah, OK, whatever; he can do what he wants with it but I NEED TO GET IT BACK TO HIM is the point. So what does he tell me? That the keys need to go back to his office. Yeah, I know! That's what I'm trying to do! But I can't leave them there securely if he's not in the office so he needs to give me a time. I shouldn't have to ask "When are you in?" but I just did. If he doesn't set an appointment, I'm mailing them because this is nuts. He's the king of one-sentence replies.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

I don't know exactly what to tell you, other than to be sure you've got proof that you mailed the keys back. A certified letter or something, perhaps. Because he may be too unresponsive to care about getting the keys back, but should they go missing, you can bet he'll try and charge you for them.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

I'd be tempted to just go there and nail them to the office door.

I wouldn't follow through on that, but I'd sure be tempted.
      “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
      One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
      The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Is it bad that I'm sad that we won't see bad neighbor stories now? lol
        https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
        Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Certified Mail, complete with signature required, will quickly shut up any "I didn't get the XXXX" complaints. If such idiots want to continue stupidities in court, the receipt, complete with signature tends to eyeroll things into a close.

Comment

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
            Is it bad that I'm sad that we won't see bad neighbor stories now? lol
            LOL I thought of that. I feel bad for the new tenant. They have no idea what they're getting into.

Comment

Give them our URL ^_^

Hell, give lots of people our URL. We could use some fresh meat.
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Ha, the last place I moved out of I was instructed to leave the keys in the unit and so I did. Got a text from the property manager later:
                PM: Did you lock the door?
                Me: Yes. Was I not supposed to?
                PM: It's fine.

Whatever, he was not terrible as far as property managers, but pretty standard in that he tried to get out of doing anything unless I really bugged him. So sorry, I wasn't about to leave the apartment unlocked so the keys could go missing.
                Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

The stupid thing about it is that I have to have the key in hand to lock the door. Only the deadbolt has a lock. Well, I'll let him email me when he wants to meet me. If he doesn't, oh well.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                    The stupid thing about it is that I have to have the key in hand to lock the door. Only the deadbolt has a lock. Well, I'll let him email me when he wants to meet me. If he doesn't, oh well.
                    Will the key fit under the door?
                    There's no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                      PM: Did you lock the door?
                      I'd have thought he'd have a skeleton key.
                      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

Comment

Will the key fit through the door?

If you have a big enough hammer, it will....
                        “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                        One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                        The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a...key?!? o_O;>

Comment

Guess who just texted me asking for keys? I responded that I didn't have a time and he just said to leave them in the dropbox because he's there today. I can't get there until 6:00 which probably means they will be sitting there for anyone to take, if he has left. We'll see what happens.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                              I'd have thought he'd have a skeleton key.
                              You'd think he'd bring his own copy, at least. Of course, he always made it seem like an inconvenience if I made him come out to the property to deal with something that's... you know... His job. So this being nearly the final interaction I had with him comes as no surprise.
                              Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Working...
                              X