This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 years later...

...and 900 miles south! I was here for years almost 10 years ago as CarGoddess. I'm no longer in the auto industry, which is weird but welcome and was curious to see how this place was going!

I started using Ravelry.com this year(I'm a knitter and crocheter) and it started bringing back wonderful memories of ye olden CS days of yore.
    "You are beginning to damage my calm."

Blimw much has changed?

Must have been a surprise to see how this place was going. How much has it changed?

Rapscallion

Comment

Well, the names of the posters for the most part! LOL

Most of the people I knew here are came to LJ with me and are now on Facebook, so I didn't loose contact with anyone I was close to. I'm actually still dating another former member. Do you remember airlineguytez? 8 years now

Everything else, not so much which is just fine! So many good times here <3

Comment

I remember you. Welcome back! And I remember Tez as well. I think he was a mod on here at one point.
        Sometimes life is altered.
        Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
        Uneasy with confrontation.
        Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Yay! I'm happy you're still around- I was wondering if I'd see you.

Yup, Tez was a mod for a while. I *think* he left right before moving to Maryland with me- he was working stupid hours to earn money for the move and had no more time for teh interwebs.

Comment

I think the only members of the team from when you were here before were me and Protege.

Members come and go, and I don't always remember every returning member, but I remember you and your stories of idiots on the car lots. And I remember a rant you posted about your husband (now ex, I assume), ending with something like, "If anyone needs me, I'll be outside burning my wedding dress."

Comment

VERY much ex! He actually hunted down Tez in a store one day. He's a winner. And he's also 900 miles away

Ironically, I still have the damn dress. :P

I wish this site wasn't hacked so much! I wish I could read some of those stories from my old car lot days. It seems like forever ago!

Comment

I remember you as well.

I also remember tez.

Not sure if you remember me at all, though. (I may have had a slightly different name.)

Glad to see you back...and glad to see you're still together.
                Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

I *think* I remember you. AuntieReeRee maybe?

Comment

Yep, that was her.

As for the old stories, for awhile cached versions could be found on Google. I tried just now, and all I found was an old blog that looks like it may have belonged to you. There wasn't much there, and it had been spammed at least once.

I'm glad you got away from your ex. Didn't realize he was that much of a psycho. Makes mine seem sane in comparison. Well, almost.

We've been having better luck with the site than we have in the past. It's been over 4 years without a major hack. I think we may have had a minor one or two, but we have better backups than we had before.

Comment

I didn't realize how psycho he was until after the marriage finally ended. There were glorious things like telling our mutual friends I was lesbian and was going to steal their wives and calling animal control on me saying I was mistreating my cats. Needless to say our friends stopped talking to him.

Fab guy. :P

Comment

Quoth Betweenshades View Post

I started using Ravelry.com this year(I'm a knitter and crocheter) and it started bringing back wonderful memories of ye olden CS days of yore.

Beware, cause Ravelry is as addictive as this place...

Comment

Beware, cause Ravelry is as addictive as this place...
                          Yes! It's a great site!

Comment

I do remember you as CarGoddess. . . and the name Tez definitely is setting off a bell . . . welcome back.

Other than the redecorating Raps has done, and a few dozen (give or take a couple of hundred) more members, we're still going strong here.

Just jump right in and start sharing . . . even if it's some of the old stories from your car dealership days. A lot of the older posts were lost due to the hacks, sad to say, so it would be great to have some of the vintage stuff around - especially for the young whippersnappers.
                            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

A lot of the older posts were lost due to the hacks, sad to say
                              Yeah, it makes me sad. All of that happened so long ago that I don't remember all the stuff that happened! LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X