This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merchandising

I've had people asking for site-based clothing on a number of occasions. I've been snooping around a place or two, but so far I've had little success. Cafepress is the obvious answer, but I've had differing reports of their acceptability.

That's why I have this poll. If you would accept Cafepress clothing to help support the site, click Cafepress. If you want me to go for another option, click Other (suggestions welcome). If it doesn't interest you, click Meh.

Raspcallion
    Cafepress
    69.23%
    Other
    20.51%
    Meh - not interested
    10.26%

I don't know much about Cafepress or others, so I'm meh about which to use. I'd definitely think about getting a shirt though.
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Er - Meh is for not interested in clothing, not which service. I just want to guage interest.

Rapscallion

Comment

Doh! Any way to change my vote then?
        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

I've changed Meh to 0 - see if you can vote again.

Rapscallion

Comment

I know nothing about ordering things like this on line, so I'm afraid I can't offer advice. I would definitely buy shirts if they were available though. I think you should go with whatever is more cost effective for you. Just my thoughts.
            If you are thinking to yourself, "Hmmm, should I post this?" it should probably go HERE.

Comment

I chose Cafepress, but I think it's up to you, Raps.

Now matter what, though, I'd get a t-shirt. Maybe more than one.
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

My vote is Cafepress until or unless Raps can find somewhere better.

I got my hoodie when Mr Slugger was the boss and its now close to what... 2 years old still in great condition. When I first got it I wore it all the time, now its only rarely because I cant get another one!
                I get the best reactions from cashiers when I wear it.... that bug eyed nervous is my supervisor watching laugh... great promotion for the site as well.

One thing to note though, cafepress hoodie sizes are generous, I have a medium and it SWIMS on me. The Decal is still bright and hasnt started to crack yet just so ya know.
                I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Whichever place has a REGULAR style women's tank top. I hate spaghetti straps.
                  "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
                  HellGate: London

Comment

I'd definitely purchase a polo shirt or sweatshirt . . .

As to which one, I'm not sure it really matters from where as long as you can get the best deal.
                    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Rap,

My wife's dog club uses Cafepress. It's not bad stuff. Yes, there can be better but for the easy setup and the cheap up-front costs ($0) it's pretty good.

The hats, bags, and mugs aren't too bad but I have not seen the shirts yet.
                      Quote Dalesys:
                      ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Of the sites I visit that have a store option for things like t-shirts and mousepads, Cafepress is almost universally hailed as a great place to start, and reviled as an awful place to stay.

As an example, at least two of the online comics I read dumped Cafepress and went to ZeStuff.com for their merchandising needs.

One of the complaints I used to hear about Cafepress was that their shirts weren't very resilient. As an aside, Cafepress womens tanks have regular shoulders, not straps.

^-.-^
                        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I'd definitely buy a shirt...maybe more than one. Doesn't matter where it is from... I have had decent results with cafe press.
                          I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

I wouldn't mind getting a shirt, but there will be at least two problems:

1. The price - sorry, more than 10$ is simply unacceptable.
                            2. Shipping - I live in Poland, sooo...
                            Music: Last.fm
                            Pwetty pictuwes: DeviantArt | Flickr

Comment

I have bought a cafepress mug (great), calendar (okay) and polo shirt (too small).

The polo shirt was nice but too small to wear.
                              "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Working...
                              X