This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I get to use my union! YAY!

I am now a teaching assistant and a grad student. How the pay works is that it is assumed you will work 120 hours a semester and are given a salary accordingly on the 28th of each month (as specified in the collective agreement). To get it done the first month you need to have the paperwork filled out by the tenth. I submitted mine the day after labour day, well before the tenth.

Now last year I did some marking work for the school, just two assingments for around 20 hours total.

Today, (2 days before I get paid) I get this email:

Given that your last position with the university was paid on the bi-weekly payroll, we were unable to transfer you to the monthly pay for September 2012. You will however, receive your September GTA deposit on Friday, October 5, 2012. Your October GTA deposit will be made on Friday, October 19, 2012. In November, you will be transferred to the monthly pay and will start receiving your payments on the 28th of each month as per usual.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

So I am getting my money but they don't feel the need to let me know more than two days ahead of time that it's delayed. Fortunately I don't have to worry about rent this month.

I emailed the union and said that only 2 days notice is unacceptable.
    Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
    Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.
Working...
X